Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital Medical Officer Jobs in Uganda
Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital Medical Officer Jobs in UgandaJob Details
Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital has received funding from USAID to implement a Government to Government project aimed at; piloting the concept of Regional Referral Hospitals as a center of excellence in HIV services delivery
promoting learning and adaptation to inform successful scale up of the pilot.
The specific outcomes expected are: Improved availability and quality of HIV services, strengthened systems to improve sustainability and accountability, and Collaborating, Learning and adapting throughout the life cycle of the project to support its success and any follow-on programming.
To provide effective and Comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and management of opportunistic diseases to patients
• Number of patients attended to
• Implementation of medical services supervised, supported, guided and coordinated
• Technical support provided to staff carrying out medical counseling .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in diagnosis, treatment and management of patients;
• S/he will evaluate patients and refer them for specialized health care.
• S/he will provide health information to clients through health education.
• S/he will participate in the development and implementation of HIV/AIDS and TB Clinic work plans and provide technical support and mentoring to staff in the hospital and lower facilities in the region.
• S/he will ensure that the services are provided in a high quality, patient-centered manner, resulting in excellent patient and fiscal outcomes.
• Provide continuous guidance and improvement of the quality of the integrated health services by regular application of quality improvement and Site Improvement and Monitoring Systems approaches.
• S/he will participate in outreach and community health programs, health data collection, data compilation and submission of periodic reports and site meetings
• To provide clinical care to patients and day to day management of the clinic
• Order Laboratory tests and prescribe medication as appropriate
• Receives patients for additional assessment as appropriate
• Participate as a full member of the clinic health care team
• Report requirement for medical services lacking at the satellite to the satellite Coordinator
• Liaises with the clinic pharmacy and Laboratory to ensure comprehensive services to clients and facilitates a system for record maintenance.
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Degree.
• Must be fully registered with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners council.
• One years' work experience in a busy environment.
• Training in HIV/AIDS care and counseling will be an added advantage
• Current trends in the management of HIV/ AIDS and TB
• Interpersonal skills and respect for diversity
• Experience in programming will also be an added advantage
• The candidate must have a high level of Integrity, patience, emotional intelligence and sound judgment.
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Degree
How to Apply
Interested applicants should download public service form 3 (PSF 3) and fill out three copies which should be hand delivered to Mbarara RR Hospital Registry on the following address before June 10th 2020.
The Hospital Director
Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital
P.O.Box 40 Mbarara
Applications should be accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates A photocopy of the national Identification card.
Each PSF 3 should have a passport photo attached. Online applicants should scan one copy of the PSF 3 and email it to email@example.com
They should also attach all the certified academic documents, a copy of the national identification card For further inquiries, please call 0782646451, 0782063951.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.