MasterCard Foundation Program Partner, MSME Finance Jobs in Kenya
MasterCard Foundation Program Partner, MSME Finance Jobs in KenyaThe Opportunity The Program Partner, MSME Finance will report to the Kenya Program Lead, MSMEs. The successful candidate will support MSME programming activities and work collaboratively with other Foundation staff, such as Program country team members who are developing and implementing country strategies (e.g. Education/Skills, Digital Economy, Agriculture, etc.) as well as the Foundations Impact and Operations team.
The role will contribute to the implementation of the Foundation's Young Africa Works Kenya strategy and implementation of related programs. .
Ways you can Contribute
• Work collaboratively with country team members in development of strategies relevant to Young Africa Works in Kenya and support the implementation of such programs and their inter linkages.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the MSME strategy and activities for Kenya through tactical and project management tasks.
• Work with Kenya Country Program team on the management of a portfolio of programs within the MSME area, which includes understanding the capacity and effectiveness of potential grantees, research potential grantees, designing and writing key documents, maintaining grantee relationships, participating in site visits and other monitoring activities.
• Perform high-quality analyses drawing on a range of sources and methods to provide nuanced analysis so that key hypotheses are fully tested and that the strategy is dynamically reviewed.
• Support the team in surfacing cutting edge measurement approaches and provide guidance to grantees and partners in implementation of measurement approaches.
• Working closely with grantees and partners contribute towards systematic learning and reflection processes that lead to continuous adaptive management.
• Be a resource for the MSME Team and its grantees in: pipeline development of appropriate MSMEs, business modeling, due diligence and quantitative analyses of MSMEs, and market intelligence.
• Stay on top of developments in the field - new players, key events, new information being generated, policy movements, important upcoming events, etc.
• Monitor and draft relevant knowledge management products: search and scan reports; research, write, and edit original reports, commentaries, and issue briefs on relevant MSME finance topics.
• Prepare documents for internal communications (quarterly reviews, reports) and external convenings (event organization, briefing reports, talking points, input into speeches, etc.) as needed.
• Represent the Foundation at meetings and events and provide remarks where necessary.
• As a member of the Kenya Country Program team, work collaboratively with other Foundation offices and entities on MSME initiatives.
• Contribute insights on MSMEs to the Foundation's thought leadership on youth employment in Africa.
• As part of the Kenya Program Team, participate actively in team events, including but not limited to planning and facilitating execution.
Who You Are
• Master's degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Business, Development Economics.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing moderately complex projects required, preferably within MSME space in Kenya (including at county level).
• Technical expertise in designing, implementing and managing MSME financing solutions, from experience with other development partners, fintechs, financial institutions including MFIs, SACCOs or commercial banks.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of the role of MSMEs and MSME finance in economic growth and development, particularly in Africa, and as it relates to micro and small enterprises.
• Understands market and systemic challenges to growth and survival of MSMEs in Africa, the link to creating work opportunities for young people and best practices for addressing them.
• Possess understanding and knowledge of current trends and innovations in MSME growth and financing.
• Demonstrates strong analytical skills, the ability to think strategically and contribute as a thought partner in the Foundation's strategy development
• Strong program management skills and knowledge of MSME ecosystems in Kenya to ensure delivery of high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving programming impact.
• Experience with grant making, this experience may come from working in another funding organization, corporation or an NGO.
• Demonstrates strong budgeting skills with the ability to manage a portfolio of assets.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate progress and learnings from projects to colleagues and the wider development community.
• Experience in communicating externally, either in large groups, or in smaller engagements for representational and influencing purposes will be an added advantage.
• Command of quantitative and qualitative business analytics.
• Excellent project management skills, including multi-stakeholder projects.
• Excellent presentation and listening skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
• Proactive, engaged and a self-starter, ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Is willing to travel up to 40% of the time.
• Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across culture.
• Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation's values.
• You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation's values and vision.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; MasterCard Foundation Program Partner, MSME Finance Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.