Management Sciences for Health Senior Supply Chain Information Systems Advisor Jobs in Uganda
Management Sciences for Health Senior Supply Chain Information Systems Advisor Jobs in UgandaOverviewThe Senior Supply Chain Information Systems Advisor will provide thought leadership and technical guidance to in-country stakeholders in support of the development and implementation of a cohesive and sound national strategy for supply chain information systems in Uganda.
While the SSCS project will not directly support or lead the develop/enhancement of supply chain information systems and digital tools, its mandate is to work hand in hand with the GoU and other in-country stakeholders to help ensure that systems and tools available and new ones and are meeting the country and users’ needs, complementary and cost-effective.
● The Advisor will work hand-in-hand with the MOH Division for Health Information and information technology unit and will help develop and update a cohesive strategy for health information systems in general and logistics information systems in particular - 15%
● The Senior Supply Chain Information Systems Advisor will provide technical guidance and advice for the design, piloting, and implementation of
- paper and digital technology-based logistics information systems led and implemented by the Gou and other in-country stakeholders
- other digital technology innovations that support supply chain efficiencies and performance - 20%
● The Advisor will work closely with the National Medical Store (NMS) throughout the completion of their new USAID funded ERP system (NMS+) implementation. To that end the Advisor will ensure efficient coordination with other on the SSCS project working to support NMS+ implementation in their respective capabilities - 25%
● S/he will support reviews and assessments of existing or new health information systems and other supply chain related technology tools from the GoU and other in-country stakeholders and provide recommendations to ensure that information systems are sound, cost-effective, and complementary - 20%
● S/he will provide insight on other countries' systems and experiences in implementation and tools and how they can be leveraged for Uganda’s supply chain’s benefit - 15%
Contribute to project work planning, performance reviews and reporting -5%
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and masters in relevant areas e.g. Strategic Information, Information Technology, Data Science etc.
Advanced DHIS2 Academy certificate.
● At least 10 years of experience defining requirements for, developing and implementing health information systems in low- and middle income countries
● Specific experience with logistic information systems strongly desired.
● Experience supporting the implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning systems a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
● A solid understanding of the barriers to and enabling environment (people, processes and technologies) needed for successful health information systems
● Demonstrated experience working with key stakeholders at strategic level
● Experience analysing business processes and developing requirements for information systems
● Experience leading the development and implementation of software testing protocols
● Track record of supporting system enhancement including conducting technical reviews, gathering user feedback and analysis of systems’ strengths and weaknesses
● Sound knowledge of the various technologies available, and their pros and cons.
● Good communication skills and ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
● Advanced competency in Microsoft Office Suite - especially, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
● Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
● Flexible and adaptable, able to work in ambiguous situations
● Strategic and evidence-driven mindset
● Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
● Fluent in English.
Travel requirements 10 to 20%, Keyboard use,
Pulling drawers, Lifting paper
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Management Sciences for Health Senior Supply Chain Information Systems Advisor Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.