Management Sciences for Health Regional Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
Management Sciences for Health Regional Coordinator Jobs in UgandaOverviewUnder the leadership and guidance of the sub-national Activity Manager, the Regional Coordinator will support implementation of SSCS activities and initiatives that aim to strengthen supply chain competencies (per National Supply Chain Assessment -NSCA) of regional and districts supply chain stakeholders as well as grow capacity of actors such as the regional Implementing Partners (IPs) to support supply management and performance.
S/he will be responsible for a geographic region but shall also support, cross cutting activities and initiatives implemented under SSCS in order to strengthen supply chain capacity and performance at Regional Referral Hospitals (RRHs) and district levels.
The scope of technical assistance shall include knowledge in supply chain management and operations, tools and best practices and equally support all United States Government (USG) agencies and partners, as well as national program areas including HIV, Malaria, TB, RMNCAH, laboratory, vaccines etc….but also other critical elements such as change management and data use/data quality.
The regional coordinator shall coordinate closely with other team members on SSCS who have direct responsibility to ensuring that regional and district stakeholders’ capacity is also built in skills such as planning, budgeting, managing performance or quality improvement.
Project Support 35%
● Implement, manage and monitor the SSCS program in supported districts and health facilities in planning, distributing, managing and monitoring Essential Medicines and health supplies (EMHS)
● Participate in project work planning and reporting
● Participate in meetings with the Ministry of Health, USG agencies and other stakeholders to share progress, accomplishments, and challenges and ensure common understanding of current as well as future strategic direction
● Participate in the development and implementation of innovations/innovative approaches that aim to benefit sub-national supply chain performance and stakeholders
● Coordinate with regional IPs to develop joint work-plan and identify opportunities for cost-efficiency/sharing costs
● Monitor IPs and associated districts’ performance through the development and dissemination of regular performance reports and put in place a system to provide feedback support and guidance for continuous improvement
● Other duties, as assigned by the Sub-national Activity Manager.
Technical Support 45%
● Support the conceptualization of capacity building program and tools to be used with regional and district-based stakeholders (RRHs, District Health Officials - DHOs, IPs, National Medical Stores, and Joint Medical Stores representatives etc…)
● Build capacity of other stakeholders such as NMS and JMS’ customer representatives to provide technical assistance to districts and health facilities
● Build regional IPs’ capacity to enhance the technical capacity of district health teams and facilities and empower them to manage supply chain performance
● Support and monitor RRHs’ capacity building and performance
● Actively contribute and provide inputs into the USG Supply Chain Coordination Group
● Support conceptualization, design and implementation of cross cutting initiatives eg; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation, new generation of Supervision Performance Assessment Recognition Strategy (SPARS), district stores revised function, policy implementation cascade.
Continuous Learning 20%
● Will support identification of lessons learned and implementation of best practices
Work closely with Collaboration Learning and Adaptation (CLA) unit to identify learning questions and review implementation with a view to identify successful approach or required adaptation
Support sharing of best practices through the Supply Chain CLA Forum and assist with the implementation at sub-national level
Participate in the design and implementation of pilot and studies for the project.
Qualifications and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, or related field. A relevant master’s degree is an added advantage.
A minimum of six years of health supply chain management progressively increasing responsibility working on large comprehensive and complex health programs in Uganda.
Knowledge and Skills
● Work experience and track records of success in providing pharmaceutical management technical assistance
● Demonstrated management skills, including planning and performance management experience
● Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Uganda public health system and stakeholders
● Advanced knowledge and capacity to support use of logistics management information systems tools
● Previous experience with USAID supported programs is an added advantage.
● Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other stakeholders in developing creative and strategic solutions to achieve common goals.
● Demonstrated strong organizational, communications and reporting skills.
● Strong teamwork and team-building skills
● Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines.
● Strong English skills required, including ability to write lucid technical reports and documents.
● Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge of (but not limited to) Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, PIP, RxSolution, WAOs and DHIS2.
Travel requirements 20 to 30%.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Management Sciences for Health Regional Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.