Management Sciences for Health M&E Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Management Sciences for Health M&E Specialist Jobs in UgandaOverviewThe M&E Specialist performs routine analysis of data from various national information systems to produce reports, statistics, and performance evaluations.
S/he supports data quality assessments including data collection, analysis of results, and dissemination.
The position contributes to building capacity of local counterparts and partners around data use, including enhancing their capacity to interpret data and leverage data visualization from digital technologies; he or she will participate in national initiatives on digital technologies to improve data visualization.
The specialist will support operational research and learning activities by running analyses.
Data Use and Data Quality 25%
● Collect, analyse and triangulate logistics data and patient statistics to inform supply chain monitoring across various programs
● Collect, analyse and present relevant facility based logistic gaps to inform technical assistance, support supervision by MoH and its partners.
● Support the project with the collection and analysis of data to assess performance of Regional Referral Hospitals (RRHs), districts, facilities and Implementing Partners (IPs).
● Participate in the implementation of the National Supply Chain Assessment (NSCA) recommendations by helping to strengthen the national DQA strategy with complementary techniques aimed at increasing data quality and usage
● Review available logistics data and identify facility based logistic gaps for periodic Facility Data Quality Assessments.
● Participate in the design and implementation of DQA across different systems/interventions.
• Pending transition of below activities to Pharmacy Department
Assist with the development of the pharmaceutical sector M&E reports
Assist with M&E related ad hoc initiatives and activities (to be defined)
• Assist in the compilation of SSCS project quarterly and annual reports as needed
• Assist in the preparation of periodic M&E reports for presentation in Medicines and Pharmaceuticals Management Technical Working Group, Regional Quarterly Pharmaceutical meetings and inform overall program planning and decision making.
Capacity Building 25%
● Support the progressive transition of M&E reporting activities listed above to Pharmacy Department
● Support the development of internal, local counterparts and partners’ staff capacity for M&E and data collection systems by supporting the design and implementation of trainings, coaching, mentoring and provision of technical support
Systems Support 10%
● Provide back-up support to the M&E Specialist in charge of systems support
● Support national initiatives on digital technologies to improve data visualization. This entails supporting the design and testing of new visualization as well as enhancement of existing ones
Collabortion Learning and Adaptation 10%
Run analysis to support
• the implementation of the project’s CLA agenda
• the provision of inputs for the CLA forum
• project’s operational research
Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a health-related or an international development field (Population Studies, Statistics, Demography, Development Studies, etc) with specialized training and/or experience in statistics, data analytics and research methodology or another closely related field and possess a Post graduate diploma in monitoring & evaluation.
● Minimum three (3) years related experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably for USAID
● Strong familiarity with M&E databases
● Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
● Knowledge and understanding of USAID Evaluation Policy and ADS regulations a plus
Knowledege and Skills
• Demonstrated knowledge related to statistical analysis, project performance analysis, data visualization, and program reporting and monitoring required
• Working knowledge of technical and programmatic aspects of health sector and health systems strengthening in Uganda;
• Knowledge of supply chain concepts and pharmaceutical/logistic indicators
• Work experience with DHIS2 based systems.
• Excellent Analytical skills with good reporting and presentation skills
• Good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as STATA, SPSS, Tableau, Power BI etc.
• Ability to understand technical staff needs for data and to present information, analyses, and recommendations in clear written formats required;
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other stakeholders in developing creative and strategic solutions to achieve common goals.
• Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines.
must be available for travel within Uganda
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Management Sciences for Health M&E Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.