Management Sciences for Health Knowledge Management/Communication Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Management Sciences for Health Knowledge Management/Communication Specialist Jobs in UgandaAs part of the CLA unit within the USAID Uganda SSCS project, the Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist leads the development and implementation of communications and knowledge management strategies that promote effective documentation and visibility of the project's lessons, results and achievements. The specialist is responsible for developing a range of products and activities targeted to USAID, the Government of Uganda, and additional key audiences including implementing and local partners and beneficiaries (local governments, health facilities, civil society).
This position is responsible for ensuring adherence to USAID branding and marking requirements and supports the project's visibility on external events and relevant MSH, USAID, and partner platforms.
Working in collaboration with the project’s Stakeholder Engagement & Innovation Coordinator, the Specialist will establish systems to facilitate knowledge capture and exchange in relevant national and global forums.
Lead the development and implementation of a Communication strategy 50%
• Develop and implement audience-focused, results-driven communications strategies for the project, in collaboration with project leadership and MSH’s communications department.
• Work closely with USAID and implementing partners to define and implement communication priorities and activities. Liaise with donor communications officers to align strategies and enhance visibility within donor audiences.
• Write and produce a wide range of communication materials, conveying technical information in a clear and accessible manner to a range of technical and non-technical audiences. Examples of products include case studies, fact sheets, technical briefs, success stories, website content, presentations, and talking points. Work closely with colleagues in MSH Communications Group to review documents and coordinate final production of publications.
• Manage distribution and dissemination of project materials in hardcopy and online; coordinate with home office communications and knowledge management teams to maintain a system of information sharing and to establish digital and appropriate hard copy files for all publications and project communications.
• Ensure that the program’s identity, brand, and strategic messaging is in accordance with donor requirements and organizational strategies, and that all communications comply with the relevant USAID branding and marking requirements and review and approval processes.
• Conduct communications-related trainings for project staff.
Participate in the development and implementation of a knowledge management plan 50%
• Contribute to knowledge management, learning and adaptation activities including effective donor reporting.
• Implement standard operating procedures, mechanisms, and relationships for collection and organization of information, knowledge, and experience from the project and its partners, and for its documentation and distribution through relevant channels.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, international development studies or related education
Four (4) to six (6) years professional work experience in communications, knowledge management/information management, editorial services, design, or similar field
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent writing skills, with ability to convey complex technical information in clear, compelling language without technical jargon.
Experience with public health communications and relevant technical areas required.
Understanding of USAID, including trends, audiences, and requirements and experience in the implementation of USAID-funded global projects required.
Demonstrated experience developing communications strategies, annual plans, and materials related to relevant project technical areas.
Experience in the production of print and digital communications content and dissemination strategies.
Strong working knowledge of online platforms and social media, and proven ability in applications such as Google Applications, WordPress, and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Experience with desktop publishing applications including Adobe Creative Suite highly desirable. Photography skills very helpful.
Experience with international development and the health sector desirable.
Understanding of core knowledge management principles on adopting, adapting, and applying knowledge to work more effectively;
Ability to assess priorities, work gracefully under pressure with multiple deadlines, and manage projects through to their successful completion with attention to detail and quality
Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills. Must be able to problem solve.
Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to work proactively and independently.
Demonstrated writing and editing skills.
Ability to maintain a flexible work manner and schedule.
Travel as required
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Management Sciences for Health Knowledge Management/Communication Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.