Management Sciences for Health Health Commodity Procurement Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Management Sciences for Health Health Commodity Procurement Specialist Jobs in UgandaOverviewThe Health Commodities Procurement Specialist will lead the development of health commodities procurement strategies (e.g., coordinated or pooled procurement) and champion approaches such as private sector engagement that foster cost-efficiencies, enhance local ownership, and solidify financial sustainability of the supply chain.
S/he will work with and directly support the Pharmacy Department and local entities such as JMS, NMS, and the medical bureaus.
Contribute to the development and update of a 10 years national road map for supply chain to ensure health commodities procurement strategies/new approaches and private sector role are adequately factored in as important drivers to solidify financial sustainability of the supply chain in Uganda and its Journey to Self-Reliance.
Procurement Process Design and Implementation 20%
S/he will drive health procurement innovations, new approaches and/or expansion of existing small-scale initiatives
● Conceptualize a set of opportunities of novel health commodity procurement approaches/systems (i.e. coordinated or pooled procurement, prime vendor approach) relevant to the Ugandan context building on evidence, best practices and lessons learned from other countries and within Uganda
● Develop documented and data driven rational to demonstrate innovations’ value add to mobilize interest and support from key national stakeholders
● Develop a life of project high level plan that will provide comprehensive vision of implementation across several years and grounds for adequate planning. S/he will update and refine the multi-year plan based on USAID and key national stakeholders’ priorities and, on an annual basis, will revise the plan as necessary based on evolving priorities, outcomes of pilots and progress on implementation of innovations’ scale up.
Health Commodities Procurement 40%
Lead development and implementation of SSCS health commodities procurement strategies to enhance supply chain cost-efficiencies
● Conduct feasibility studies and develop concepts with national key stakeholders using a participatory approach
● Design/co-design where possible and lead SSCS funded pilots including analysis of results and development of recommendation for scale up
● Support elaboration of scale up costs plans and their implementation, where in SSCS mandate.
Private Sector Engagement 30%
S/he will champion private sector engagement
● Elaborate and conduct an assessment of the private-sector interest, willingness, and capacity to participate in alternate options to improve public-sector pharmaceutical procurement.
● Build on the outcomes of the assessment and other source of information and forums that will be available (including the innovation lab and CLA forum)
● Champion private sector engagement that can foster cost-efficiencies and enhance local ownership in the area of health procurement.
Team Management 5%
Contribute to project work planning, performance reviews, and reporting
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s in public health or its equivalent, formal training in pharmaceutical supply chain and/or procurement.
at least 7 years working in pharmaceutical supply chain including 5 on procurement systems and approaches.
experience working in the health or supply chain private sector a plus
Knowledge and Skills
● Experience and track records of designing and implementing novel health commodities procurement approaches
● Experience conceptualizing strategies and translating them into implementation plan
● Experience and track records of successfully engaging and mobilizing stakeholders
● Experience leading the design and implementation of pilots
● Experience conducting feasibility studies and other types of assessment
● Track record of using data to monitor performance and for decision making
● Experience and track records of engaging and working with the private sector and setting up concrete and tangible partnerships
● Good communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
● Strategic and innovative mindset
● Ability to plan and organize
● Results driven
● Solution oriented
● Ability to meet deadlines and produce deliverables on time
● Solid analytical skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Fluent in English
Travel requirements 20 to 30%.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Management Sciences for Health Health Commodity Procurement Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.