Malaria Consortium Regional Risk and Programmes Manager Jobs in Uganda
Malaria Consortium Regional Risk and Programmes Manager Jobs in Uganda Established in 2003, Malaria Consortium is one of the world's leading specialist non-profit organisations.
Our mission is to improve lives in Africa and Asia through sustainable, evidence-based programmes that combat targeted diseases and promote child and maternal health.
We work with partners, including all levels of government, to improve the lives of all, especially the poorest and marginalised, in Africa and Asia.
The Regional Risk and Programmes Manager supports the Regional Programmes Director on the management oversight of the region.
In doing so, the post holder works closely with the Country Directors to ensure adequate programme quality control, reporting and compliance and new business development.
The post holder is responsible for convening regular programme reviews with country management teams..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme management oversight (25%)
• Oversee start-up upon successful award of funding, including drafting work plans, project timelines, procurement plans and contracts, compliance adherence, reviewing sub¬contracts, etc. in collaboration with country programme teams
• Oversee the close-out planning and roll-out for all country and multi-country projects, in close coordination with country senior management teams and project managers, to ensure that ownership and accuracy/compliance/reporting in close-out activities is adhered to
• Provide support to country senior management teams in the roll-out of five-year strategic plans, including any business development, restructuring and realigned objectives revisions to ensure the document remains living and relevant to the country programme
• Ensure all new projects adopt and use the organisation' project cycle management approach
• Review and analyse monthly budget variance analyses from country and regional programmes, providing explanations for variance to senior management and work with countries to resolve implementation issues on a monthly basis
• Support Country Directors to develop country grants management databases to ensure adequate quality control and documentation oversight on projects, contracts, amendments and programmatic paper trails so that no gaps exist in audit. Coordinate closely with the regional Finance support manager to see that the grants management database includes relevant financial reporting requirements.
• Draft and review country contracts (donor, vendor, consultant, sub-recipient) prior to approval, and provide guidance on parameters in accordance to internal policy and donor requirements for revision and standards for approval to incoming programmes team
• Work with the Regional Recruitment and Human Resources Advisor on the creation and review of organisational charts, support structures, job descriptions and recruit staff for country-level projects as needed
• Represent the organization to donors in-country and at headquarters level for specific project issues and project launches as-needed
• Provide quality control and review to projects donor and other external reports as well as other key project documents
Financial and risk management (30%)
• Review and oversee quality assurance from the project management team on annual financial plans and rolling reforecasting exercises at the country and regional levels
• In collaboration with country senior management teams, provide detailed monthly diagnostic and prescriptive analysis of budget performance against planned expenditures, including monthly follow-up on remedial action for under/overspends
• In coordination with the Country Finance Managers, develop and provide tailored financial management inductions, formats, templates and ad hoc trainings for country-level managers, including senior management team and project managers, in order to ensure comprehensive financial management literacy among project support and implementation teams, including but not limited to budget variance analysis, forecasting, microplanning and mapped and phased budgets
• Follow-up on internal audit recommendations and outstanding advance balances for all country programmes to ensure that they are addressed within two quarters of identification
• Work closely with country senior management teams to identify and update an active risk matrix with clear deadlines for mitigating actions and quarterly revisions and updates when new projects come online
• Ensure grant management in terms of knowledge management of project agreements and documents is followed, including monitoring reporting quality assurance to donors and partners and compliance adherence by projects
• Develop country teams' capacity in donor compliance and risk management through training and mentorship
• Provide guidance and oversight in contractual and donor compliance requirements across all active and pipeline portfolio and provide advice on project implementation arrangements
• Develop a compliance action plan for the region focusing on emerging risk exposure across the portfolio
• Monitor country and project teams on compliance and risk actions and generate monthly reports for The Global Management Group (GMG)
• Escalate key risk or information and action, contributing to the organisational risk register
Business Development (15%)
• Provide new business development direction to country programmes as requested, including meeting with existing and potential donors, and providing guidance on the input of new business portfolios, in line with approved country strategic plans
• Provide programmes review and budgeting on project bids of value up to 500,000 USD, and work with the head of technical for the region to provide quality assurance of proposal narratives
• Act as bid coordinator for multi-country and country programme business development initiatives up to a value of 1.5 million USD
• Support project design and logframe development in coordination with the bid team and country programme
• Lead in narrative drafting and budget development as-needed, including soliciting technical programmatic inputs from country teams
• Develop graphic quarterly country updates on the status of pending and existing projects and proposals for the Board of Trustees
• Lead on narrative drafting and budget development as needed
• Secondment (10%)
• Be available for secondments and gap fill for Country Director-level positions as required for country programmes
Resource management (5%)
• Manage resource planning tool for the region, ensuring appropriate allocation of programme management, operations and financial staff across projects in line with approved donor budgets, in close collaboration with the East and Southern Africa Programmes Director
• Provide technical training on systems and resource management planning to country resource managers within the region as-needed
• Analyse regional staff, support costs and use of core budget on a monthly basis for Management Accounts purposes, and quarterly for Regional Management Team meetings
• The applicant for the Malaria Consortium Regional Risk and Programmes Manager job must hold a Master's Degree in Public Health, International Development or a related field
• Substantial experience in project development, implementation and evaluation
• Ability to work in French/Portuguese
• Significant field experience in project implementation and financial management with a proven track record of timely submission of high-quality project deliverables
• Understanding of public health issues in Africa; previous experience in proposal writing and business development
• Extensive experience in grants administration and management
• Excellent technical writing, editing and presentation skills in English; ability to work in French/ Portuguese
• Ability to work and coordinate with remote teams in various locations against tight timeframes
• Proven track record of managing multiple projects, working to tight deadlines and overseeing diverse teams in a development context
• Strong analytical skills, with a comprehensive understanding of budgeting and financial management
• Proven track record of budget and financial analysis
• Previous work experience in the region the postholder will cover and/or on malaria or public health programming
• Experience of working as a Country Director or a multicounty programme director
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Malaria Consortium Regional Risk and Programmes Manager Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.