Makerere University College of Health Sciences Research Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Makerere University College of Health Sciences Research Assistant Jobs in Uganda Job DetailsPart ime Work (Two Weeks) Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health in collaboration with Pathfinder International is implementing a study under a USAID funded project called Family Planning Activity (FPA) in Uganda.
The general objective of the study is to explore the root causes and cultural norms for healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies and assessing access to quality and voluntary family planning in central and western Uganda.
The study seeks to recruit highly experienced and competent Research Assistants (RAs) to support the implementation of its activities.
The RAs will work under the overall supervision of the Field Supervisor.
Research Assistants (48) .
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative interviews with respondents.
• Explaining the need for the study to the respondents and obtain their consent to take part in it; then present the questions to the client orally.
• Record accurate and thorough answers using appropriate electronic devices.
• Ensure confidentiality of all collected data.
• Exercised courtesy and professionalism to all respondents.
• Keep good records of the interviews conducted.
• Review collected data obtained from interviews for completeness and accuracy, before submission.
• Meet regularly with the Supervisor to turn in the survey results on an on-going basis.
• Communicate clearly in Runyoro, Rutooro, Luganda, Lwamba, Rukonzo and English
• Notify management incase an electronic device is missing or is not in good working order or in case of any administrative issues.
• Perform any other study related activity as directed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
• MUST have at least one of the following languages as his/her first language; Runyoro, Rutooro, Luganda, Lwamba and Rukonzo.
• Excellent writing and listening skills to optimize data recording
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to administer a consent to the study participants.
• Intrinsically motivated to demonstrate patience.
• Ability to work for long hours in the field and away from home.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and stringent deadlines.
• Be undeterred by negative feedback from respondent treating people with respect and dignity.
• Bachelors’ Degree from a recognized university.
• Must have at least a CGPA of 3.60 at undergraduate level.
• At least THREE years’ experience in collecting quantitative and qualitative data.
• Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills
• Must have experience in collecting data using electronic devices such as ODK or CSProEntry • Good computer skills in WORD and EXCEL
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary group.
• Ability to work in a rural setting.
• Integrity/Respect for colleagues.
Terms of Service: 2 weeks.
The successful candidate will be working from any of the districts of; Kyenjojo, Kyegegwa, Kibaale, Ntoroko, Bundibugyo, Kyankwanzi, Kiryandongo, Butambala, Gomba, Buliisa, and Rakai.
How to Apply
Interested persons should electronically send in their applications with current CV, scanned copies of their academic documents stating two referees and their own active phone contacts to the email:
The documents should be addressed to; The Dean Makerere University School of Public Health, Mulago Hospital Complex, P.O.BOX 7072, Kampala.
Deadline for receipt of applications is July 15th, 2020.
NB: Only candidates short listed will be contacted for interview
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.