Maisha Meds Data Analyst Jobs in Kenya
Maisha Meds Data Analyst Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsAt Maisha Meds, we believe all patients have a right to appropriate and effective healthcare.
Across sub-Saharan Africa, private sector pharmacies play a major role in providing primary care, yet they remain largely separate from and unrecognized by the health system, lacking the technology, data, and support to make the highest quality healthcare widely accessible.
Maisha Meds develops technology solutions that leverage the pharmacy point of sale to increase visibility up and down medication supply chains and ensure evidence-based care.
Better information and insight enables pharmacies, suppliers, and medication manufacturers to track inventories, forecast drug demand, purchase quality medicines, and provide patient follow-up and advice.
About the Role
Currently Maisha Meds is collecting large quantities of data that can help to inform decision makers on how to improve access to medicine in East Africa.
We present analyses such as price and quality of antimalarials sold in Kenya, or changes in medication availability as a result of COVID-19.
The organisation is looking for an enthusiastic data analyst to help answer these types of questions by conducting analyses, creating dashboards, and cleaning data.
This role is a good growth opportunity for either an analyst seeking to move into the global health field, or someone with a pharmaceutical or healthcare background looking to hone their analytics skills.
• Make charts, tables, and other data visualizations using dashboard tools such as Redash and Metabase to provide ongoing visibility of health commodity consumption trends
• Create SQL queries to pull, analyze and visualize data
• Take initiative to analyze trends and come up with interesting findings in our data
• Do research on topics like medication manufacturers and quality in order to supplement Maisha Meds’ data sets
• Contribute to data cleaning efforts using tools like Excel and Python
• Work with our internal reorder and point of sales teams on improving medication product lists and classifications to help improve input data
Skills & Qualifications
• 1+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
• Undergraduate degree with coursework completed in quantitative subjects such as Statistics, Economics, Engineering, or Computer Science
• Strong Excel / spreadsheet skills: lookup, logical, and text formulas, pivot tables, data functions etc.
• Experience with common data analysis tools including SQL and/or Python is preferred; or experience with similar tools and enthusiasm to develop these skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience working with messy data sets and joining data from different sources
• Independent initiative and problem solving skills – figuring out what people are interested in seeing in our data and how to meet these needs
• Knowledge around pharmaceutical or health care products is a strong asset
• Good cross-cultural communication skills and enjoy working with a diverse team
• Excited about the potential to improve healthcare access using data!
How to Apply
Start date is negotiable and compensation is commensurate with experience.
Email us at email@example.com to apply today!
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.