Mabiza Resources Limited Senior Accountant Taxation Jobs in Zambia
Mabiza Resources Limited Senior Accountant Taxation Jobs in Zambia
Job Purpose: To ensure that Mabiza Resources Limited complies with its tax and commercial obligations and to provide high-quality tax and commercial input to the company.
• Management of tax obligations including income tax, VAT, mineral royalty, withholding tax, customs duty, and excise duty.
• Managing tax risks by ensuring the correct amount of taxes are paid on or before due dates.
• Management of tax accounting requirements, including ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the tax entries in the statutory accounts and preparing the tax notes in the statutory accounts.
• Management of all tax-related requirements as defined in the Development Agreement with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ).
• Liaise with tax advisers and ZRA with regards to any tax matters that are identified, and which arise in the course of business.
• Management of supplier relationships to ensure tax consequences are identified and correctly dealt with.
• Preparation of Tax policy and procedures.
• Management of tax audits and contact person for ZRA credibility and control assessments.
• Actively contribute to tax planning and provide tax advice to management.
• Reviewing material contracts for tax implications.
• Provide regular feedback on all taxation matters to enable effective management of key performance activities.
• Ensure that there is cost control by monitoring that taxes are only paid as and when due, review of tax accounts to avoid over and underpayments.
• Administering the Mabiza Zambian insurance program.
• Monitoring and recording compliance with GRZ statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Establishing and maintaining a company data room that records and tracks compliance with the company’s obligations to GRZ and other key stakeholders.
• Maintaining a register of all tenement and mining licenses and administering the register to ensure all licenses are current.
• Provide regular operational reports to enable effective management of the key performance activities.
• Accountable for completion of all tasks identified to the specified quality and timelines as assigned to this role.
• Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the company Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
• Be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the team.
• Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures, and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention, and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
• Maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders in Mabiza’s mining activities, consistent with the company’s Community Relations Policies.
• Become actively involved in Mabiza’s aims and objectives of engaging with the local community and strive to leave a positive impact on the longer-term outcomes for local people. Promote the integration between this engagement and the success of the business.
• Prepare and manage the budget for the function.
• Ensure the development and maintenance of up-to-date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
• Develop objectives for sharing common infrastructure and support services across the company and cascade this throughout the function.
• Be visible in the workplace.
Planning and Scheduling
• Assist the Administration Manager – in a support role with regards to the management of planned Audits and tax compliance across the site.
• Work with line Managers to achieve production and cost targets in conjunction with the daily, weekly and monthly mining plans that correspond with the annual production target.
• Cascade plan and objectives through the team to ensure all activities are focused on agreed outcomes and reflected in the short-term mine plans.
• Review capital requirements prepared by direct reports and submit
• Review functional expenditure every month and ensure all variances to the budget are investigated and explained.
• Identify specific areas for cost improvement and ensure the development and implementation of the action plan to achieve these gains.
• Coordinate compilation of the annual functional budget.
• Review and monitor all safety, service level and financial performance indicators for the function and initiate corrective action where necessary.
• Deliver reports to the Administration Manager on agreed performance indicators and agreed standards and schedule.
Key Role Qualifications Required:
Desirable, in addition to the key skills and experience:
• Degree in Accounting or any Professional Qualification such as ACCA / CIMA.
• A Masters in Tax Law will be added Advantage.
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Key Skills & Experience Required
• Significant experience (10 years) in taxation-related roles in the ZRA profession and mining sector.
• Detailed understanding of Zambian tax regime.
• Sound understanding of the principles and practice of tax administration.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite application.
• Able to demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian driver’s license.
• Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness.
• High-level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Zambia.
• Experience in managing costs and budgeting.
• Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas.
• Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications.
• MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
• Confident communicator with senior management, legal entities, and external stakeholders.
• Strong report writing and presentation skills.
• Able to read and write English proficiently.
Essential Personal Attributes & Qualities:
• Able to deliver results on quoted targets.
• Able to build relationships and engage people in continuous improvement processes.
• Prepared to challenge “the way we do things”.
• Always identifies the priorities correctly and works in a self-directed manner.
• Constructs systems that are the best method now and sustainable into the future.
• Able to step back from direct control of “hands-on” work.
• Successfully delegates and trusts specialist staff for technical support.
• Manages interacting projects.
• Understands the “big picture”
• Maintains or enhances others’ self-esteem.
• Listens and responds with empathy.
• Asks for help and encourages involvement.
• Shares thoughts, feelings, and rationale (to build trust).
• Provide support without removing responsibility (to build ownership).
• Seeks to engage with all people associated with the Mabiza Operations and to understand, learn from and share cultural differences.
How to Apply
offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter by 4th June 2021 to
HR Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Find daily jobs in Zambia. Jobs - Zambia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Zambian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Zambia.
Jobs in Zambia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Zambia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Zambia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.