Lutheran World Federation Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, Learning (MERL) Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Lutheran World Federation Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, Learning (MERL) Assistant Jobs in KenyaJob Details This is a position within the LWF Kenya Djibouti Somali Program (LWF KDS) that provides guidance to ensure that a culture of evidence generation, documentation and learning is systematically entrenched within the organization.
The position holder will continuously support learning and demonstration of impact of LWF's work that will inform better programming and effective communication.
The MERL Assistant will also ensure relevant project data is of required quality, accurately captured, analyzed and safely stored for reference and report writing.
Functionally, the MERL Assistant will report to the LWF KDS Program Manager. The position has functional oversight of the Area Program M&E officers and provides technical support to the team. .
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Be the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL) focal person for LWF KDS program, coordinating the implementation of MERL strategies within the multi-country program and among relevant stakeholders.
• Lead the development of relevant MERL tools in liaison with relevant country and global M&E colleagues and support uptake of such tools.
• Overseeing the implementation of M&E existing systems and mechanisms including being focal person for the LWF Global monitoring system NewdeaÂ™.
• Conduct monitoring, evaluation and learning assessment to ensure projects' compliance with donor requirement and assess progress against approved project documents and
• Design and convene relevant and strategic capacity building and learning events to enhance LWFs effective programming.
• Providing technical input during proposal development, monitor data gathering, documentation and analysis, and review reports to ensure quality and compliance to donor requirement. This includes coordinating the proper documentation and compilation of impact stories, case studies and stories of change and dissemination of the same in conjunction with the communication officer.
• Contribute towards the program undertaking in surveys, assessments, researches etc.
• Designing and implementing tools to ensure that project data is accurately captured at source, relayed to a secure central database, analysed, interpreted and information shared with the relevant programs team members.
• Preparing and submitting summarized periodical M&E reports highlighting status of implementation, best practices, significant achievements, existing gaps, challenges and recommendations to achieve planned objectives.
• Develop tools and protocols and define procedures for performance indicators, data collection and reporting in line with data quality standards;
• Maintain an up-to-date catalog of all project M&E tools and forms in electronic and hard copy data files;
• Update the organization on emerging monitoring, evaluation and learning trends and make recommendations to improve programming.
• Perform other relate duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• A degree in the field of international development, statistics, social sciences, economics, political science or closely related inter-disciplinary fields.
• At least three (3) years of experience implementing M&E systems, with a strong preference for experience for an international NGO/ or Humanitarian organization
• Demonstrable experience of working within humanitarian and development programming through multiple, multi-year and complex projects.
• Experience in developing and implementing M&E plans and results-based management;
• Practical knowledge and skills in designing and conducting capacity building and learning events.
• Strong background in qualitative and quantitative M&E of humanitarian and development programs;
• Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated capacity and experience in data analysis, data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting. Experience with computer-based statistical packages and databases (Epi Info, ACCESS, SPSS, etc.) as well as mobile data collection tools (KOBO, ODK) and the use MS Office packages is a prerequisite for this position.
• Experience working with international donors and familiarity with donor regulations and procedures, as well as working with counterparts and beneficiaries especially in displacement contexts.
• Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative field research, surveys and assessments.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Interpersonal skills and capacity to teamwork in a multi-cultural context from distance.
• Ability to establish priorities, to initiate and implement activities, and to meet deadlines with minimal oversight and supervision.
• Effective communication skills and ability to make formal and informal presentations both orally and in writing, as well as produce professional and analytical reports and learning documents
• Practical skills in addressing factors that maximize gender and other social inclusion;
• Fluency (written and oral) in English and Kiswahili essential. Basic knowledge of Arabic and French added advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Lutheran World Federation Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, Learning (MERL) Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.