Longhorn Publishers Ltd Senior Software Developer Jobs in Kenya
Longhorn Publishers Ltd Senior Software Developer Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsLonghorn Publishers PLC is a leading publishing company specializing in educational and leisure Publications and Language Services for the Eastern & Central African region, with subsidiaries in Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda.
Longhorn has a business presence in Malawi, South Sudan and Zambia.
The holder of this role will be responsible to the Head of IT & Product Development with the chief responsibility of developing and maintaining the Digital Publishing department’s technology assets and portfolio. .
• Write clean, scalable and testable code on a known framework.
• Design, document and implement an architecture suitable for all the digital products to scale.
• Scouting the market for talent, recruiting, hiring and onboarding.
• Lead and mentor a team of in-house software developers to build world-class digital products.
• Design and develop a software development process that will be implemented on all software development projects.
• Managing and deployment of staging, pre-production and production environments that ensure release of quality products.
• Managing technical debt for all digital products.
• Running scrums and sprints together with Product Associate.
• Manage platform costs as per specified budget.
• Technical reporting on platform performance and technical teams.
Skills & Competencies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with git.
• Deep understanding of architecture design for scale.
• Strong DevOps experience.
• Project management experience.
• Ability to work in an agile environment.
• Team collaboration with in-house and remote teams.
• Good knowledge of MySQL and Firebase database systems.
• Hands-on experience in configuring and maintaining Google Cloud Platform based applications.
• Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the company’s mission.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
• Negotiation, analytical, presentation & communication skills and attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
• 3+ years working experience as a senior software developer.
• Experience in developing for Web, SMS, USSD and IVR applications.
• Active involvement in at least 1 open source project.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter and quote the job title on the subject by 15 May 2020.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.