Latek Stay Alliance Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Jobs in Uganda
Latek Stay Alliance Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsBackgroundUnder the supervision of the Executive Director, the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will work closely with social entrepreneurs who implement different projects to ensure the success of projects; be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Programs; work with the Program team in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress; monitor the project activities on a regular basis and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
Latek Stay Alliance Uganda is an umbrella Organization of Social Entrepreneurs whose overall objective is to reduce extreme poverty in the communities under the thematic areas of Education, Health and Income generation currently operating in Uganda.
Our Vision is toet up an Umbrella Organization of Social entrepreneurs collaborating for improved Education, Health and Incomes in the communities whereas our mission is to co-ordinate a network of social entrepreneurs that partners and learns from each other to improve livelihoods of the communities in Uganda.
The umbrella organization aims at strengthening self-help for communities with core values of self-determination, sustainable development and integrity. .
Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
• Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output.
• Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
• Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
• Provide feedback to the Program Manager on project strategies and activities.
• Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying
bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
• Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to Program Manager.
• Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system, develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the projects.
• Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Latek Secretariat.
• Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and work with the Program Manager in preparing relevant reports.
• Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project.
• Work with Monitoring & Evaluation committee in developing M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
• Responsible for developing the M&E system for the Organization.
• Prepare and maintain data base.
• Perform other duties as required by management.
• Should be passionate about Social entrepreneurship with a positive mindset on impact financing and investment as a way of getting people out of poverty.
• Demonstrates integrity by modelling the Latek’s values and ethical standards.
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Latek Stay Alliance Uganda.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability in interacting with development partners, Latek staff, Social entrepreneurs and beneficiaries.
• Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
• Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines.
• Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
Knowledge Management and Learning
• In-depth knowledge on M&E and development activities of organizations
Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology
Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies
Excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with development partners, Latek staff and social entrepreneurs.
• Ability to implement income generating programs and affect Social entrepreneur behavioral/ attitudinal change from relying on donor funding to establishing self-financing profit programs.
• Focuses on results for the partners.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
• Remains calm, in control and maintains a good humor even under pressure.
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
• University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics or any other business related course with proof of knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation. Post graduate diploma in Monitoring & Evaluation would be an added advantage
• At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOS and Government.
• Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
• Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of M/S software using database software.
• Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
• Good training & facilitation skills.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send applications, a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic qualifications and three referees on email; email@example.com not later than Friday 26th June 2020 at 5:00 Pm.
Interviews will take place in Kampala at Latek Stay Alliance Secretariat in Kitebi, Rubaga Division, behind Kitebi Health IV, Kampala.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.