Kyambogo University Senior Assistant Secretary Jobs in Uganda
Kyambogo University Jobs
Kyambogo University is a public University, established in 2003 following the merger of the former Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo (ITEK), Uganda
Polytechnic Kyambogo (UPK), and Uganda National Institute for Special Education (UNISE). The University campus is located on Kyambogo Hill in the
capital city, Kampala. It is the second largest university in Uganda with more than 30,000 students on-campus.
Kyambogo University is a unique institution which has adopted an integrated approach to education, focusing on vocationalising at all levels. The University
has embraced the fields of science and technology, teacher education, special needs education, humanities, business management and entrepreneurship.
To achieve its mission and strategic goals, Kyambogo University seeks to fill the following positions on permanent terms: please visit www.kyu.ac.ug/jobs
to download the complete and detailed job advert.Kyambogo University Senior Assistant Secretary Jobs in Uganda
(1 position)3. Job Title: Senior Assistant SecretarySalary Scale:
Deputy University SecretaryResponsible for:
Assistant SecretariesPurpose of the Job
To provide efficient, effective and timely secretariat services to the Council and its committees.Key Functions
1. To liaise with the Deputy University Secretary on all matters relating to Council meetings and meetings of the Committees.
2. To make arrangements for the Council meetings and its Committees.
3. To prepare Minutes and decisions of Council and its Committees.
4. To follow up actions on the decisions made by the Council and its committees to ensure their implementation.
5. To file and update record of minutes of Council and its Committee.
6. To assist in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the performance of outsourced administrative service providers to the University.
7. To perform any other Officer duties assigned by the Deputy University Secretary.Key Outputs
1. Arrangements for the Council meetings and Committees made.
2. Minutes and decisions of Council and Committees prepared.
3. Effective implementation of the Council and Committee decisions monitored.
Council minutes filed, secured and stored.
5. Performance of outsourced administrative service providers monitored and reported on.Person Specificationa) Qualifications
i. Should have a Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Public Policy, Public Administration and Management, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, and Development Studies from a recognised awarding University/Institution.
ii. Should have a Bachelor’s degree in relevant Arts/Social Sciences or Humanities Discipline or Law from a recognised awarding University/Institution.
iii. Should possess Administrative Officer’s Law Course Certificateb) Competences
i) Should be a person of high integrity.
ii) Should have good interpersonal negotiations and committee skills.
iii) Should be computer literate.c) Working experience
Should have at least six (6) years’ working experience in administration in a recognized organization / institution, three (3) of which must have been served at the level of Assistant Secretary in Public University or an equivalent level from a reputable Institution.d) Age Limit
Should be below the age of 55 years at the time of application.How to Apply for the Position
1. Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
2. Sealed application should be sent to the address below not later than 20th September 2019, 5:00pm East African Time
Director Human Resources
Second Floor, Administration Block (Records Office)
P.O. Box 1,
Tel: +256 414 286 452Note
1. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted for interviews
2. Applicants who shall not hear from Kyambogo University uponcompletion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
For more information and job applications details, see; Kyambogo University Jobs in Uganda