Kyambogo University Farm Manager Jobs in Uganda
Kyambogo University Jobs
Kyambogo University is a public University, established in 2003 following the merger of the former Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo (ITEK), Uganda
Polytechnic Kyambogo (UPK), and Uganda National Institute for Special Education (UNISE). The University campus is located on Kyambogo Hill in the
capital city, Kampala. It is the second largest university in Uganda with more than 30,000 students on-campus.
Kyambogo University is a unique institution which has adopted an integrated approach to education, focusing on vocationalising at all levels. The University
has embraced the fields of science and technology, teacher education, special needs education, humanities, business management and entrepreneurship.
To achieve its mission and strategic goals, Kyambogo University seeks to fill the following positions on permanent terms: please visit www.kyu.ac.ug/jobs
to download the complete and detailed job advert.Kyambogo University Farm Manager Jobs in Uganda
(1 position)4. Job Title: Farm ManagerSalary Scale:
Head of department, AgricultureResponsible for:
Assistant Farm Manager, Assistant Veterinary Officer and Veterinary OfficerPurpose of the Job
To provide leadership, technical support and guidance for the delivery of quality agricultural services in the University.Key Functions
1. To supervise and manage agricultural activities, programmes and staff in the University farm.
2. To be in-charge of the day-to-day management of the farm.
3. To lay strategies and plans to improve the units at the farm for increased revenue.
4. To liaise with the Head of Agriculture Department in having structures and activities in place that will make the teaching of practical agriculture possible.
5. To advise the University Administration on farm requirements.
6. To co-ordinate the procurement of farm inputs and keeping records of what is bought.
7. To co-ordinate farm sales and ensure that all revenue collected is receipted and banked.
8. To plan and budget for the farm and ensure that the budget is followed.
9. To ensure that all livestock are healthy, productive and are accounted for.
10. To perform any other official
duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department.Key Outputs
1. Agricultural activities, programmes and staff supervised.
2. Day-to-day management of the farm carried out.
3. Strategies and plans to improve the units at the farm for increased revenue put in place.
4. Head of Agriculture Department liaised with to have structures and activities in place that will make the teaching of practical agriculture possible.
5. University Administration advised on farm requirements.
6. Procurement of farm inputs coordinated and records of procured items kept.
7. Farm sales coordinated and ensure that all revenue collected is receipted and banked.
8. Farm plan and budget made.
9. Livestock are kept healthy and productive and are accounted for.Person Specification
i. Must have a Master’s degree in Agriculture or Crop Science or Animal Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
ii. Should have five years’ experience working on institution farm.
iii. Should have good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
iv. Must be proficient in using relevant computer packages.
v. Must be a person with high integrity.How to Apply for the Position
1. Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
2. Sealed application should be sent to the address below not later than 20th September 2019, 5:00pm East African Time
Director Human Resources
Second Floor, Administration Block (Records Office)
P.O. Box 1,
Tel: +256 414 286 452Note
1. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted for interviews
2. Applicants who shall not hear from Kyambogo University uponcompletion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
For more information and job applications details, see; Kyambogo University Jobs in Uganda