Kyambogo University Driver (Tractor, Bus, Tricycle) Jobs in Uganda
Kyambogo University Jobs
Kyambogo University is a public University, established in 2003 following the merger of the former Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo (ITEK), Uganda
Polytechnic Kyambogo (UPK), and Uganda National Institute for Special Education (UNISE). The University campus is located on Kyambogo Hill in the
capital city, Kampala. It is the second largest university in Uganda with more than 30,000 students on-campus.
Kyambogo University is a unique institution which has adopted an integrated approach to education, focusing on vocationalising at all levels. The University
has embraced the fields of science and technology, teacher education, special needs education, humanities, business management and entrepreneurship.
To achieve its mission and strategic goals, Kyambogo University seeks to fill the following positions on permanent terms: please visit www.kyu.ac.ug/jobs
to download the complete and detailed job advert. Kyambogo University Driver (Tractor, Bus, Tricycle) Jobs in Uganda
(4 positions) 5. Job Title: Driver (Bus-2, Tractor-1 & Tricycle-1)Salary Scale:
Transport OfficerResponsible for:
Turn ManPurpose of the Job
To drive and maintain office vehicle.Key Functions
1. To drive University vehicles as instructed by the Transport Officer.
2. To record the movement of the vehicle in the log book.
3. To keep the vehicle clean and in a sound working state.
4. To be responsible for vehicle while on duty.
5. To monitor the mechanical condition of the vehicle and report any faults/defects to ensure that it is maintained in a good working condition.
6. To report the vehicle’s servicing in time.
7. To perform any other official duties as assigned by the supervisor.Key Outputs
driven as per given instructions.
2. Vehicle movement recorded in the log book.
3. Vehicles cleaned.
4. Mechanical condition of Vehicles monitored and faults/defects reported for timely maintenance.
5. Vehicle routine servicing reported in time.Person’s Specifications
i. ‘O’ Level Certificate with credit in English and Math or its equivalent.
ii. Valid Driving License/ Permit with relevant classes.
iii. A Certificate of Competence issued by Chief Mechanical Engineer, Ministry of Works and Transport.
iv. A Certificate in Defensive driving will be an added advantage.
v. Knowledge and skills in motor vehicle mechanics will be an added advantage.
vi. Should have five years driving experience.
vii. Fluent in English language
viii. Good interpersonal skillsHow to Apply for the Position
1. Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
2. Sealed application should be sent to the address below not later than 20th September 2019, 5:00pm East African Time
Director Human Resources
Second Floor, Administration Block (Records Office)
P.O. Box 1,
Tel: +256 414 286 452Note
1. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted for interviews
2. Applicants who shall not hear from Kyambogo University uponcompletion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
For more information and job applications details, see; Kyambogo University Jobs in Uganda