Kyambogo University Director Planning and Development Jobs in Uganda
Kyambogo University Jobs
Kyambogo University is a public University, established in 2003 following the merger of the former Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo (ITEK), Uganda
Polytechnic Kyambogo (UPK), and Uganda National Institute for Special Education (UNISE). The University campus is located on Kyambogo Hill in the
capital city, Kampala. It is the second largest university in Uganda with more than 30,000 students on-campus.
Kyambogo University is a unique institution which has adopted an integrated approach to education, focusing on vocationalising at all levels. The University
has embraced the fields of science and technology, teacher education, special needs education, humanities, business management and entrepreneurship.
To achieve its mission and strategic goals, Kyambogo University seeks to fill the following positions on permanent terms: please visit www.kyu.ac.ug/jobs
to download the complete and detailed job advert.Kyambogo University Director Planning and Development Jobs in Uganda
(1 position)1. Job Title: Director Planning and DevelopmentSalary Scale:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Finance and Administration)Responsible for:
Deputy Director Planning and DevelopmentPurpose of the Job
To be responsible for the planning and development function of the University.Duties and Responsibilities
1. To coordinate the design and development of strategic plans to provide strategic direction and set the pace for the development of Kyambogo University.
2. To coordinate the preparation of University projects proposals and implementation of programs according to the development strategy of the University.
3. To oversee the planning, ccoordination and provision of technical guidance in the development of performance indicators, quality standards and preparation of policy statements for Kyambogo University.
4. To coordinate the preparation of University’s sectoral plans.
5. To coordinate the institutionalization and carrying out of monitoring and evaluation process within Kyambogo University to track performance of different Departments, Divisions and Sections.
6. To oversee the development and maintenance of database for use by Departments in planning and decision making.
7. To undertake internal and external surveys to collect stakeholders’ views on the services rendered by Kyambogo University.
8. To operationalize collaborative mechanisms in planning standards with the National, Regional and International organisations in the provision of University Education.
9. To provide technical support in the formulation of University polices, their implementation and cost implications for effective management of
10. To guide, mentor, coach and assess the performance of staff in the Directorate of Planning and Development.
11. To perform any other duties assigned by the superior officers of the University.Key Outputs
and development of strategic plans coordinated
2. Preparation of University project proposals and programmes implemented according to the University strategic plan.
3. Provision of technical guidance in the development of performance indicators, quality standards and policy statements for the University
planned and coordinated.
4. Annual Sector Plans, Budget Framework Paper (BFP) and Ministerial Policy Statements prepared.
5. Monitoring and evaluation of programmes implementation carried out.
6. Data base for planning and decision making developed and maintained.
7. Internal and external surveys on Kyambogo University service delivery conducted.
8. Collaborative mechanisms in planning standards established and operationalized.
9. Technical support to formulation of University polices provided.
10. Staff in the Directorate of planning and development guided, mentored, coached and performance assessed.Person Specificationa) Qualifications
i. Should have a Master’s degree in Economics, Planning, Statistics or other relevant discipline from a recognised awarding University/Institution.
ii. Should have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics or other relevant quantitative discipline from a recognised awarding University/Institution.b) Competencies
i) Should have good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
ii) Must be a person of high integrity
iii) Should be able to work as a member of a team.
iv) Must be proficient in using relevant computer packages.c) Working Experience
Must have a minimum of ten (10) years working experience in a planning department of a reputable organisation, five (5) of which should have been served at senior management level in planning function.d) Age Limit
Should be below the age of 55 years at the time of application.How to Apply for the Position
1. Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
2. Sealed application should be sent to the address below not later than 20th September 2019, 5:00pm East African Time
Director Human Resources
Second Floor, Administration Block (Records Office)
P.O. Box 1,
Tel: +256 414 286 452Note
1. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted for interviews
2. Applicants who shall not hear from Kyambogo University uponcompletion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
For more information and job applications details, see; Kyambogo University Jobs in Uganda