Kyambogo University Director Health Services Jobs in Uganda
Kyambogo University Jobs
Kyambogo University is a public University, established in 2003 following the merger of the former Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo (ITEK), Uganda
Polytechnic Kyambogo (UPK), and Uganda National Institute for Special Education (UNISE). The University campus is located on Kyambogo Hill in the
capital city, Kampala. It is the second largest university in Uganda with more than 30,000 students on-campus.
Kyambogo University is a unique institution which has adopted an integrated approach to education, focusing on vocationalising at all levels. The University
has embraced the fields of science and technology, teacher education, special needs education, humanities, business management and entrepreneurship.
To achieve its mission and strategic goals, Kyambogo University seeks to fill the following positions on permanent terms: please visit www.kyu.ac.ug/jobs
to download the complete and detailed job advert.Kyambogo University Director Health Services Jobs in Uganda
(1 position)2. Job Title: Director Health ServicesSalary Scale:
University SecretaryResponsible for:
Deputy Director Health Services, Senior Medical Officer, Medical Officer, Visiting Specialists, Medical Social Worker, Chief Nursing Officer and Administrative AssistantPurpose of the Job
To manage and coordinate the effective, efficient and affordable delivery of quality health services in the University.Key Functions
1. To Plan and budget for health service delivery and infrastructure in the University.
2. To mobilize resources for health service delivery and infrastructure in the University.
3. To monitor and evaluate the delivery of health services in the University.
4. To provide technical guidance to the Medical Centre.
5. To manage and account for financial, medical supplies and other resources allocated to the Medical Centre.
6. To coordinate the maintenance of health equipment and facilities.
7. To liaise with Ministry of Health and other stakeholders in enforcing adherence to the National Health Service Delivery Standards.
8. To oversee development of training programmes in health and
9. To enforce the Professional and Service Codes of Conduct and Ethics.
10. To prepare and submit periodic reports.
11. To supervise and appraise staff according to the HR policy.Key Outputs
1. Plans and budgets for health services produced.
2. Financial, medical and Human resources mobilized.
3. Monitoring, support supervision and evaluation of health services conducted.
4. Accountability for financial, medical supplies and other resources made.
5. Maintenance of health equipment and facilities carried out.
6. National Health Service delivery standards enforced.
7. Professional and Service Codes of Conduct and Ethics enforced.
8. Development of training programmes in health carried out.
9. Periodic reports prepared and submitted.
10. Staff supervised and appraised.Person Specification
i. Should have MBCHB; a Master’s degree in medical related field.
ii. Should have strong leadership, interpersonal and communicational skills.
iii. Should have five years’ experience as a Senior Medical Officer in a recognized hospital or health Centre.How to Apply for the Position
1. Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
2. Sealed application should be sent to the address below not later than 20th September 2019, 5:00pm East African Time
Director Human Resources
Second Floor, Administration Block (Records Office)
P.O. Box 1,
Tel: +256 414 286 452Note
1. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted for interviews
2. Applicants who shall not hear from Kyambogo University uponcompletion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
For more information and job applications details, see; Kyambogo University Jobs in Uganda