Komaza Harvest Foreman Jobs in Kenya
Komaza Harvest Foreman Jobs in KenyaAbout This Role As the Harvest Foreman, you are primarily responsible for executing and managing our harvesting plans with our field-based teams.
Harvesting is the final piece of the field-based forestry value chain, and requires close coordination with internal and external stakeholders including multiple harvesting teams, transportation providers, the Finance department, and the Processing & Sales teams.
As we scale our operations geographically, you will inform continuous design improvements to Harvest’s intricate operational, planning and organisational systems.
Due to the travel restrictions currently in place due to Covid19, the role is only open to candidates located in Kilifi, Kwale or Malindi. .
What You Will Do
• Execute harvesting plans by coordinating and managing the field teams to ensure efficient harvest operations.
• Ensure proper time management, planning and coordination of team transport to and from the field prior to harvest day and escalate any challenge to the supervisor on time.
• Liaise and coordinate with truck owners regarding hauling of logs to CCA site at the right time.
• Be the primary liaison between Harvest field teams and the Harvest Operations Coordinator to ensure open channels of communication for efficient and effective work planning.
• Implement and ensure safety regulations are fully adhered to by having all team members and visitors put on safety gears on site.
• Track equipment inventory to ensure all tools and resources are effectively being used and proper maintenance is kept.
• Liaise with the Harvest Admin and Government Relations department to ensure adherence of regulations and compliance processes e.g. CESS payments
• Maintain a good relationship with our farmers to ensure they follow all processes and procedures for during the harvesting stage.
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili, Giriama is an added advantage
• Good organisational, critical thinking, and communications skills
• A collaborative problem solver who seeks the opinions of other teammates and departments in the development of creative and sustainable systems
• Self-started and driven for results
What You Have
• Diploma is an added advantage or having a KCSE Certificate minimum
• At least 2 years of field-based experience in harvesting, forestry or agroforestry
• Proficiency in basic computer skills and MS Suite (Word & Excel)
• Experience in training field-based teams is an added advantage
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Komaza Harvest Foreman Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.