Koitaleel Samoei University College Geography Lecturer (with expertise in Environmental Sciences) Jobs in Kenya
Koitaleel Samoei University College Geography Lecturer (with expertise in Environmental Sciences) Jobs in Kenya The Koitaleel Samoei University College (KSUC) is a premier learning institution established in 2015 on the virtues of the eponymous hero, Koitaleel Arap Samoei who fought for freedom and justice.
It is located in Nandi County, the source of champions.
A premier University nurturing talent for sustainable development.
It seeks committed and competent staff in the following positions to steadily chaperon its mandate to full realization of its vision.
Responsible to Chairperson of Department;
This is the basic entry point to the university teaching and/or research career. Candidates who meet the required qualifications in their areas of specialization may apply. .
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Articulates the vision and mission of the university college and the department;
• Develops teaching and learning materials;
• Organizes and supervises educational activities of undergraduate students;
• Teaches and evaluates undergraduate and postgraduate students;
• Sets, moderates, administers, processes and marks examinations;
• Advises undergraduate and postgraduate students on academic matters;
• Initiates, plans and conducts research;
• Develops research proposal for funding;
• Participates in meetings and conferences related to research and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department;
• Participates in the preparation of the department and School strategic plan;
• Organizes and supervises educational activities of undergraduate and postgraduate students;
• Attends and participates in seminars, workshops, conferences in relevant fields;
• Participates in administrative, academic and consultancy activities in the department and other organizations;
• Participates in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating curricula in the department;
• Attends and participates in departmental meetings and other activities for effective and efficient management of the department and the School; and
• May be assigned any other duties and responsibilities.
Qualification and Requirements
MUST demonstrate possession of the following:-
• An earned PhD degree in the relevant field or its equivalent from a recognized academic institution; OR
• Must have a Masters degree from a recognized academic institution;
• At least three (3) years of teaching or research experience at university level or in research or industry after attaining Masters degree;
• At least two (2) publications in refereed journals or one (1) book or two (2) book chapters in relevant areas;
• A minimum of twenty-four (24) publication points, of which at least sixteen (16) should be from refereed journal papers; and
• Registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address.
Also enclose duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and send their confidential and recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned.
The name and the reference number of the position for which the application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
For teaching positions applicants are required to fill the CUE Interactive Form A and submit it along with application forms. (The form is available in KSUC website).
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than May 26, 2020 at 5 p.m.
THE PRINCIPAL, KSUC
PO BOX 5-30307
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification; KSUC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more details, visit the KSUC website www.ksu.ac.ke
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.