Kobo 360 Chief Operating Officer Jobs in Kenya
Kobo 360 Chief Operating Officer Jobs in Kenya
About the team Kobo360 squad is made up of bright, innovative, and dynamic people. We are a team focused on innovation through technology to help solve modern world challenges in logistics. We work as a squad to innovate and execute on powerful solutions that will scale commerce and lift millions out of poverty.
We are not an 8am to 5pm - sit in the office type of team but rather we enjoy working in the field, engaging with all our customers to get real time feedback and solve problems. We work hard and play even harder! We are an unmatched, talented team optimizing the movement and distribution of goods across the world. Finally, we love tech, it is the driving force at Kobo, so be sure to be tech-savvy!
Are you the right fit to join the Kobo360 squad, the brilliant and fun team?
Who are you?
As Kobo’s COO, you are the operational engine powering Kobo’s success. This is a vital leadership role that sits in the middle of our demand and supply functions, ensuring that we effectively deliver to our key stakeholders, that is our customers and transporters, in order to spur growth and increase the overall efficiency of the company. You are a dynamic, energetic and prolific leader with extensive supply chain experience that can work with a youthful and tech-savvy team.
• Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing information from multiple sources to develop potential solutions
• Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
• Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to empathize with stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams.
If you feel this, is you, we are describing above, then KOBO360 is the place for you!
• Assist executive team members in creating, growing and building a world class, industry leading organization.
• Drive stellar company results from an operational perspective, working closely with the CFO, CEO and other key executive team members.
• Develop an operational excellence culture within Kobo to ensure we offer the highest standard of service to our transporters and customers.
• Partner with the CFO to achieve favorable financial results
with respect to sales, profitability, cash flow, systems, reporting and controls.
• Set challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance, and profitability.
• Create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes.
• Provide accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the company.
• Works with other c-level executives on budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation programs.
• Work closely with senior management team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructure, reporting systems and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the company.
• Assess the capacity needs of Kobo’s Operations Squad and work with the People’s Organization to recruit and train the resources needed in the Company to attain its strategic goals.
• Motivate and encourage employees at all levels as one of the key leaders in the company.
• Forge strategic partnerships and relationships with clients, vendors, banks, investors and all other professional business relationships.
• Foster a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
We're looking for someone who has
• MBA or a relevant master’s degree.
• 10 – 15 years’ experience in a senior operational position in a fast-paced company (At least 5 years’ experience as a COO is preferred).
• Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and presentation skills.
• Budgeting and/or financial focused mindset is helpful.
• Proven record bringing pre-revenue products and services to market and scaling them.
• Must be a confident and analytical leader with a high level of emotional intelligence.
• Ability to make decisions quickly yet thoroughly using data.
• Experience managing a large team with a proven record of achieving results.
Kobo is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Kobo 360 Chief Operating Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.