Kisii County Government Members of Audit Committee Jobs in Kenya
Kisii County Government Members of Audit Committee Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 as read together with Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012; Section 155(5) of the Public Finance
Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluate whether processes are in place to address key roles and responsibilities in relation to risk management.
• Evaluate the adequacy of the control environment to provide reasonable assurance that the systems of internal control are of a high standard and functioning as intended.
• Perfo an independent review of the financial statements to ensure the integrity and transparency of the financial reporting process.
• Monitor the effectiveness of the County Government’s performance information and compliance with the performance management framework and performance reporting requirements.
• Evaluate the quality of the internal audit function, particularly in the areas of planning, monitoring and reporting.
• Engage with external audit and assessing the adequacy of management response to issues identified by audit.
• Review the effectiveness of how the County Government monitors compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and promotes a culture committed to lawful and ethical behaviour.
Requirements and Competencies
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: –Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Procurement, Human Resource Management, Law or any other related field from a University recognized in Kenya;
• Possession of a Master’s Degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage;
• Professional qualifications relevant to their field and be a member in good standing of the relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK, IIA, IHRM, ICPSK, LSK, IEK, KISM;
• At least five (5) years professional experience in any of the following fields: -Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Procurement, Human Resource Management, Law or any other related field at senior management level in a busy, reputable public or private organization;
• Have a thorough understanding of the relevant legislations, best practices and emerging issues in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Procurement, Law and other related fields;
• Have a good understanding of Government operations and financial management system; and
• Be a person of integrity, demonstrated professional competence and strong interpersonal skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
• Members of the Audit Committee shall be appointed for a term of three years on part time basis and shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further one term only.
• Be paid allowances at rates determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a member of Audit Committee if the persons:
Is present or past employee of the County Government of Kisii;
Have served as an employee or an agent of a business organization which has carried out business with County Government of Kisii for the last two years;
Is a political office holder; and
d) Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 5th June, 2020 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to:\
THE ACTING SECRETARY/CEO,
KISII COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O Box 1848-40200 –Kisii, Kenya.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices off Kisii-Kilgoris highway near the Kisii Cathedral junction
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.