Kirinyaga County Assembly Service Board Press and Media Relations Officer Jobs in Kenya
Kirinyaga County Assembly Service Board Press and Media Relations Officer Jobs in Kenya Press and media relations officer shall represent the work of the Assembly acting as the point of contact for members of the press and other media representatives.
You shall be responsible for maintaining the image of the Assembly, gaining publicity and disseminating information to members of the press or other media representatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing articles and press releases for the media.
• Ensuring the Assembly protects and promotes its image in a proper, coordinated, and consistent manner.
• Cultivating and enhancing collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community
• Managing the flow of news about the Assembly to the media.
• Managing and attracting traffic on social media platforms including blogging
• Gathering and disseminating timely information to the press and staff.
• Optimizing communication system to enhance accuracy of communication
• Creating effective communication channels.
• Enhancing effectiveness of press and publicity functions.
• Acting as a media spokesperson on behalf of the Assembly and addressing questions and complaints
• Developing relationships with national and regional press contacts to ensure the Assembly reputation is promoted and to deflect criticism,
• Planning and overseeing press events.
• Researching and writing briefing materials.
• Assembling press kits.
• Composing and editing press releases. Assembly literature, and articles for internal and external use
Requirement for Appointment
• Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communication or its equivalent;
• Mastery of County Assembly Procedures and practices and application of knowledge in execution of assigned function activities, task, responsibilities within the County Assembly Operations.
• Understanding our business' mission and vision W Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business
• Ability to video edit. create cut offs and good at photography
• Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
• At least 10 years' experience in a related field
• An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics x] Experience and knowledge in content writing best practices
• Excellent SEO skills
How to Apply
Persons interested in filling the above position should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their telephone numbers and email address, copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents.
In addition, applicants should submit certificate of clearance from;
• The Ethics and Anticorruption Commission
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Criminal Investigation Department and
• Kenya Revenue Authority as part of compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Applications should be posted or delivered to the County Assembly Offices, Office of the Clerk on or before Wednesday, 22nd July 2020 at 5.00pm, addressed to;
County Assembly of Kirinyaga
PO Box 55
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Assembly of Kirinyaga is an equal Opportunity Employer.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.