Kiptagich Tea Estates Farm Manager Jobs in Kenya
Kiptagich Tea Estates Farm Manager Jobs in Kenya Our client, Kiptagich Tea Estates Ltd is a tea manufacturing company based in Olengoruone, Nakuru county, Kenya.
Kiptagich Tea Estates Ltd. seeks to hire a Farm Manager to drive its current expansion and automation processes.
S/he will oversee all daily operations at the farm, harvesting of tea leaves and ensuring leaf quality is adhered to for maximum implementation through the production value chain.
Reporting to the Senior Estates Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for prudent management of tea plantation and harvesting activities (hand, shears & mechanical) in order to achieve maximum productivity.
• Analyses soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
• Manage plucking/harvesting cycles to maximize on field production.
• Directs and coordinates activities such as planting, pruning, plucking etc.
• Ensures that best-operating practices are implemented and adhered to in the entire supply chain of green leaf from farm to factory.
• Manage green leaf production and all the transport logistics for the plantations.
• Accountable for the delivery of best quality of green leaf to the factory.
• Communicate all field policies and procedures and manage field staff relations.
• Building capacity of field supervisors through relevant trainings to maximize the quality and production.
• Implement and support mechanized tea harvesting.
• Ensure implementation of regulations as required by relevant certification bodies.
• Advice on weather patterns and appropriate months for pruning and fertilizer application. • Manage labour costs
• Knowledge in good record keeping.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Be knowledgeable of Occupational Health & safety
• Computer literacy and ability to create accountability and to lead by example
• Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
• Diploma in Agriculture, Production Technology, Agricultural, or any other related study.
• At least five (5) years progressive work experience in a supervisory role in a tea farm.
• Proven practical agronomic and senior management experience, with a reputable tea companies.
• Direct experience in engaging with stakeholders in an agricultural setup.
• Knowledge of tea certification standards and processes.
• Rain Forest Alliance certification
How to Apply
If you believe that you are the right candidate, please email your application to
email@example.com attaching your CV and indicating expected salary on or before 29th May 2020
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.