Kenya Red Cross Society Video Journalist Jobs
Kenya Red Cross Society Video Journalist JobsOverall Purpose Responsible for field and post-production operations while ensuring quality control. .
• Assemble, prepare and set up equipment prior to filming/editing.
• In charge of a whole set of equipment assigned; ensure equipment is in good operational state by cleaning, general maintenance and repair (if need be).
• Innovate and experiment with ideas; contribute original ideas to improve the visual and journalistic content of the story and awareness of the different styles and formats.
• Offer advice on how best to shoot a scene, explain the visual impact created by particular shots and translate the same into a good edited piece.
• Shoot and edit for all platforms; Television and Digital/online.
• Quality control: Shooting video of the highest quality for either live transmission or recording, providing a representative visual and audio account of events. Check colour temperatures, exposure and luminance in order to maintain broadcast quality standards in both video and audio sequences.
• Ensure that the selected shots are well balanced on screen and relevant to the message.
• Check peak levels to ensure clarity of up-sounds/commentary/music as per set standards.
• Handle the filming & video editing equipment carefully to ensure that it is in proper working order and to report any malfunction and/or breakage to the relevant officer for resolution.
• Daily Reports.
Experience and Competences
• University Degree or Diploma in Media Technology/TV or Film Production.
• Minimum 2 years of camera operations and editing experience.
• Experience in a busy broadcasting station.
• Familiarity with broadcasting environment, practicing a range of location craft skills e.g. camerawork, lighting, editing and on- location facilities.
• Ability to visualize production scripts and other verbal or written instructions
• Systematic planner and Good Organizer
• Attention to detail.
• Thrive in a high-pressure environment.
• Team work
• Timely and proper Communication
• Flexibility to work demands
• Proper planning and organisation
• Broadcast operations knowledge
• Quick decision making
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Kenya Red Cross Society Video Journalist Jobs
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.