Kenya Power Pension Fund Head of Procurement Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Power Pension Fund Head of Procurement Jobs in Kenya The Head of Procurement will be responsible for providing oversight of the procurement function to ensure value for money on all procured items, quality service delivery and support other functions within the Fund to achieve the goals effectively and efficiently.
To ensure that all procurement processes and procedures are in line with the Fund’s policy, best practice and the procurement law and regulations.
• Formulate procurement strategies and update procurement policy and procedures.
• Plan for all procurement and disposal of items managed in line with the budgets.
• Consolidating procurement items ensuring that delivery is done as per the users’ needs.
• Monitor all procurements are processed within budget lines and advising users on unbudgeted and exceeded budgets items.
• Proactively build, develop and maintain valuable relationships with key stakeholders and vendors.
• Monitor the market and vendor bases for emerging services and trends for potential opportunities and advise management accordingly.
• Implement/execute the decisions of the Evaluation Committee and in all Fund procurements.
• Act as the Secretariat to the Evaluation Committee and coordinate committee meetings and negotiation meetings.
• Communicate to suppliers on awards, regrets and any other communication necessary in execution of tenders.
• Coordinate between the business units and suppliers and the Evaluation Committee to ensure that user requirements are met.
• Guide on preparation of proposals (RFPs, RFQs and TORs) and specifications.
• Manage the tendering process including; developing RFP’s, advertising, receiving and opening RFP’s etc.
• Ensure that RFP’S are evaluated in accordance to set out specifications and the Act.
• Provide professional advice to the Accounting Officer on all evaluation reports.
• Monitor delivery and quality of goods, works and services by suppliers.
• Conduct supplier evaluation and effect necessary actions based on contract terms and conditions.
• Develop annual procurement budget.
Candidate Profile Candidate Profile
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or a related field from a recognized University.
• Membership to a Professional body
• Professional qualification (KISM, CIPS)
• Eight (8) years’ post qualification experience in role in Supply Chain Management a medium or large size organization with at least three (3) years at management level.
• A master’s degree in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following Personal traits and competencies:
• Strong leadership skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff, ability to provide direction, guidance, momentum and vision in order to achieve the Fund’s objectives.
• Demonstrated business acumen - able to create strategy and actions that impact business success.
• Ability to be forward thinking and use technology and other modern tools to drive decision making and implementation.
• Professionalism and integrity.
• Risk awareness and focus - demonstrate understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Kenya Power Pension Fund Head of Procurement Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.