Kenya Community Development Foundation Governance and Philanthropy Coordinator Jobs
Kenya Community Development Foundation Governance and Philanthropy Coordinator JobsOverall Job Purpose: The job holder will play a leading role in advancing KCDF’s push for a vibrant, credible and
sustainable civil society sector while promoting stronger community voices and agency in building responsive and accountable governance structures and processes at the national and county level.
The successful candidate will work either directly or with other like-minded stakeholders in
supporting an enabling policy and legal environment for CSO’s and communities to secure more equitable access to services for the poor and other excluded groups. The person will also leverage on different national, regional and global networks to learn, share and advocate KCDF’s collective agenda in promoting philanthropy while strengthening national
and regional philanthropy infrastructure.
• Provide guidance to KCDF’s governance, research and advocacy work that seeks to deepen ways in which KCDF can collaborate with like-minded CSO’s, Researchers,
Advocacy and Media groups in amplifying the voices of the poor and marginalized communities in governance/policy relevant platforms.
• Provide guidance, in line with KCDF’s policy/governance influencing agenda, on key legal
& institutional frameworks and strategic high-level policy interactions that support an enabling environment for civil society, which also promotes a culture of local organized giving/philanthropy and structures that strengthen citizen engagement
• Support capacity development-related activities for KCDF’s partners and other local actors in diverse areas of organizational development (e.g. programme management, resource mobilization, board development, communications and sustainability planning etc.)
• Providing leadership for the management and coordination of events and functions related to the governance and philanthropy docket.
• Take lead in exploring, developing and securing resources for the governance and philanthropy portfolio.
• Providing leadership in advocating for an enabling environment for a vibrant, responsible and capable civil society through different advocacy platforms and strategies
• Support in the development of a coherent Governance and Philanthropy strategy in line with KCDF’s Strategic Plan (2019 – 2023) to guide the function’s work.
• Support KCDF staff to integrate governance/policy and philanthropy components to ensure all KCDF work/ interventions promote citizens participation, social accountability and an enabling environment for civil society.
• Offering periodic trainings and technical support on key governance and philanthropy issues to KCDF staff and partners.
• Provide leadership in building the community philanthropy field and strengthen the knowledge base of the sector and KCDF partners by exploring different facets of the community philanthropy lens as approach to durable development.
Key Qualifications Required:
• A minimum of a University Degree in development studies or any other relevant area of specialization.
• At least six years’ progressive experience in governance/policy environment work, within a credible development organization.
• Demonstrated experience in growing/developing a cross section of CSOs, including capacity enhancement processes of community-based organizations and networks.
• Excellent analytical and policy articulation skills, communication, writing and public
• Excellent proposal writing and fundraising skills with demonstrable success.
• Strong leadership, team development and management skills.
• Diplomatic, networking and influencing skills in support of effective collaboration and cooperation with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong leadership & management skills and demonstrated experience in working and growing teams.
How to Apply:
For more information and job application details, see; Kenya Community Development Foundation Governance and Philanthropy Coordinator Jobs
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.