KELIN Program Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
KELIN Program Coordinator Jobs in KenyaJob DescriptionAs the Program Coordinator, you will oversee the strategic development and drive execution for the KELIN & TICAH’s 3 year partnership project aimed at increasing awareness, advocacy and effective communication in the SRHR space.
You will lead the development of our communication and messaging strategies and ensure capacity building on the same for our implementation partners.
In addition, you will initiate, build and manage impactful relationships with all relevant stakeholders as necessary to achieve our mission.
You will also lead in the creation of an efficient and effective collaboration process that ensures coordination of activities between the two organizations runs smoothly and any hitches are identified and resolved in real-time.
Program Strategic Planning & Execution
• Lead in program strategy development and workflow, planning to ensure all key objectives are clearly mapped out in alignment with set objectives and in a logical
• Oversee all program activities implementation, anticipating changes and adjusting on deliverables as may be seen fit
• Constantly stay informed and capture all learnings during execution, analyze them and provide feedback into the ongoing program implementation
• Oversee funds allocation and budget management in alignment with Funder’s expectations. When required, strategically analyze the budget and expenses and make suggestions for improvement
• Provide regular advisory notes on how TICAH, KELIN and partners within the movement can advocate for the integration of the relevant human rights principles within the SRHR discourse to address the SRHR opposition identified;
• Identify and build strong alliances with development partners supportive of SRHR interventions
• Identify and build strong alliances and partnerships with organizations working on sexual and reproductive health, gender-based violence, unsafe abortion, HIV prevention, health governance, and human rights;
• Facilitate and participate where funds are available in international, national and county-based dialogues, workshops, and training on current opposition trends to sexual and reproductive health and rights
• Remain abreast of and document opposition tactics to guide the conceptualization and implementation of the project and
• Oversee programmatic reporting on key milestones, strategic meetings, and financing
• Monitor and analyze current Sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) events, legislative and policy changes at the International, regional, national and county levels to identify the ever-changing trends and gauge how they conform to human rights principles favorable to SRHR
• Build rapport and manage all our media relationships effectively
• Stay abreast on all SRHR matters and prepare monthly reports disseminated to like-minded partners and Technical Working Groups of the analysis and recommendations based on the trends, events, laws, bills, regulations, policies and operational frameworks that affect and influence SRHR
• Develop media briefs and press releases as required Drive advocacy activities
• Develop policy briefs and all relevant advocacy content on various SRHR topics
• Represent TICAH & KELIN at various advocacy spaces (National, Regional and International) to continue driving the SRHR agenda
• Develop and implement mitigation strategies and tactics to ensure we achieve our
• Convene and oversee stakeholder briefs Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
• In close collaboration with our M&E manager, contribute to monitoring, evaluation and learning activities; define measures of success, building tools, data collection, analysis and reporting
• Based on findings, provide strategic recommendations and directions to the program
• Oversee capacity building for our implementing partners to ensure they are conversant on how to use the data collection tools and reporting effectively
• A minimum of bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development, law or any other relevant
• Any educational qualifications in project management is an added advantage
• Working experience of at least five years in SRHR or human rights space, and have at least 2 years overseeing project
• Strong passion for sexual and reproductive health rights and human rights and believe that women are free to make their own choices in
• You are a natural in building and effectively managing long-term and diverse stakeholder
• You have proven record overseeing project strategy development and implementation and have mastered the ability to anticipate challenges and plan to mitigate them in effective and efficient
• You are a strategic and analytical thinker, who is able to quickly come up with effective and tactful solutions even when under high demand and pressure environments.
• You have excellent written and oral communication
• You have an open-mind and curiosity in matters of reproductive
• You are a bold and courageous leader and do not shy away from clearly articulating yourself on matters you believe
• Ability to quickly identify patterns, draw insights and make meaningful conclusions.
• You have a proven record managing your work and delivering results independently
How to Apply
Kindly note that interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place in Nairobi, Friday, 7 May 2020.
Details of these interviews will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates.
All applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.