KCDF Executive Director Jobs in Kenya
KCDF Executive Director Jobs in Kenya
Overall Job Purpose The Executive Director (ED) is the key management leader of Kenya Community Development Foundation (KCDF), a philanthropic foundation that promotes community-driven development among Kenyan communities.
The ED is responsible for overseeing the administration and programme implementation in line with the approved KCDF constitution, strategic plan and policies, and other applicable instruments.
Other key duties include resource mobilization, organizational profiling, community outreach and providing leadership in the growth of philanthropy not only in Kenya but in the continent.
The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. The ED is expected to participate actively in all entities created by the KCDF Trustees towards effective custody, management and growth of KCDF assets. .
Strategic Leadership: Work with the board to fulfill the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for leading KCDF in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Be an ex-officio member of the KCDF Foundation Board of Directors. Ensure effective communication with the Board, provide timely and accurate information needed by the Board to function properly and make informed decisions. Lead and maintain excellent communications and relations between the KCDF Board, staff, and other stakeholders.
• Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the KCDF strategic plan.
• Ensure overall managerial roles of oversight, compliance and coordination.
• Develop and/or nurture strategic collaborations with diverse strategic actors including philanthropic networks not only in Kenya but in the continent and beyond. Ensure positive public relations and organizational visibility.
• Facilitate effective coordination and promotion of KCDF Foundation’s mission, philosophy and values amongst the various KCDF entities; Where called upon, offer short term leadership and/or support strategic or transition management in any of the entities.
Financial Performance and Viability: Prospect sufficient resources to improve and sustain the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for fundraising and developing other innovative (financial) resource streams necessary to support KCDF’s mission.
• Ensure compliance and fiscal integrity of KCDF - Oversee management and monitoring of and accountability of KCDF financial resources in line with its values, mission, strategic priorities and related budgets.
• Responsible for ensuring effective internal controls, financial oversight, and assurance to ensure efficient resource utilization and maintenance of a liquid and solvent financial position.
• Design and provide the necessary support and liaison with the KCDF’s Board of Trustees, and or any of their appointees/ established entities, in the custody and growth of the Foundation’s assets held in trust by the former.
Strategy and Programs Delivery: Works with Board and staff to ensure that KCDF’s mission is fulfilled through programmes, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Provide overall technical guidance on formulation, implementation and monitoring of KCDF’s plans, programmes and budgets.
• Responsible for operationalization of the organization’s mission in fulfillment of funding obligations from the Board of Trustees
and other funding agencies.
• Responsible for strategic planning and management to ensure that KCDF can successfully fulfill its mandate into the future.
• Overall responsibility for ensuring the quality of KCDF programmes and its obligations to its partners/ grantees.
• Responsible for the enhancement of KCDF’s image and visibility - Directly responsible for managing relations with strategic partners and collaborators including peers, professional organizations, government, benefactors and other key stakeholders.
Organization Operations: Oversee, implement plans and utilize available resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriately executed.
• Responsible for ensuring preparation of annual (business) plans, programmes, and budgets and monitoring thereof.
• Responsible for hiring, mentoring, developing and retaining competent qualified staff while advancing KCDF’s mission, philosophy and values among staff.
• Responsible for the effective administration of KCDF’s operations.
• Responsible for signing all notes, agreements and other instruments made and/or entered into on behalf of the organization.
Skill Sets and Professional Qualifications
• Relevant post-graduate qualification in social development, economics and organizational development from a recognized university.
• Demonstrable personal and professional commitment to the advancement of KCDF’s mission, values and philosophy, hence, embodies the principles that KCDF seeks to promote.
• Ten or more years in the leadership of a large national or international non-profit. Experience with grant-making/ funding agencies will be an added advantage. Should have an adequate understanding of the development landscape in both the global North and South.
• Proven track record of thinking and acting strategically.
• Demonstrated experience of effectively working with Board of Directors.
• Strong organizational management, programs and financial management skills.
• Providing oversight and leadership to a team of professionals and coordinating key internal and external processes per set policies.
• Demonstrated ability to inspire, mentor and positively influence others, enhance employee engagement and empower managers and teams to achieve results.
• Ability to analyze risks/ problems and make appropriate timely decisions.
• Strong resource mobilization and investment experience backed by a history of successfully generating new revenue streams.
How to Apply
Applications by qualified candidates should be submitted only by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Head of Executive Search quoting the position 'KCDF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH'. Attach your résumé and daytime contacts of three referees.
The deadline for submission of applications must be received not later than June 20th, 2020.
KCDF is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.