JSI Research & Training Institute Resident Advisor Jobs in Ghana
JSI Research & Training Institute Resident Advisor Jobs in Ghana
Job Details: JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world over the last forty years.
JSI is currently seeking an outstanding Resident Advisor (RA) for an upcoming portfolio of activities on the Country Health Information System and Data Use (CHISU) global cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). CHISU is a 5-year program designed to enhance host country capacity to produce high-quality health information, to optimally manage this information, and to institutionalize evidence-based decision-making.
The program works with USAID- supported host country health managers, health workers, and other stakeholders to strengthen the enabling environment of health information management and strategic planning in order to: improve harmonization of fragmented information systems, reduce duplication of data collection, and improve monitoring and tracking of a country’s own health trends and priorities.
The RA must demonstrate leadership in the areas of malaria, health information systems (HIS) and data use, have depth and breadth of technical expertise, supervisory and program management experience, interpersonal skills, and professional relationships. As head of the CHISU team in Ghana, the RA must also ensure that the diverse global project goals and objectives are fulfilled.
The RA will lead in-country malaria related technical activities undertaken by the program and ensure full implementation of approved activities with oversight from a backstopping team at CHISU HQ. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana.
• The RA will support the Government of Ghana (GoG) to strengthen the malaria health information system including collection, analysis, and use of routine malaria data.
• The RA will primarily contribute to the following strategic objectives of the CHISU program:
• Strengthened governance and enabling environment of host-country health information systems
• Increased availability and interoperability of quality health data and information systems
• Increased demand and use of health data and information to address health priorities, gaps, and challenges:
• The RA will also be responsible for malaria stakeholder engagement in order to clearly articulate the CHISU and the GOG HIS approaches to them and develop advocates for the approach.
• Illustrative responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead CHISU activities in Ghana and ensure all activities are coordinated according to approved scopes of work and work plans;
• Serve as the primary point of contact with the USAID Mission and the Government of Ghana for CHISU activities;
• Support improved demand and use of health data and information to address health priorities, gaps and challenges;
• Work with the GHS-PPME, National Malaria Control Program, regional and district health management teams, and USAID Implementing Partners (IPs) to increase the availability
of routinely collected malaria data to support evidence-based recommendations for improving the quality of malaria reporting in DHIMS-2;
• Support GHS-PPME on Data Quality Audits and Data Verification Reviews;
• Support USAID Ghana and IPs on malaria data needs and reports at the national level and in selected USAID priority regions;
• Develop SOPs and provide mentoring to MOH staff to improve data collection, data quality and use at each level of the health system;
• Work with the HQ teams in the preparation of CHISU annual work plans, quarterly reports and annual progress reports to the Mission and CHISU headquarters;
• Ensure project financial systems and controls comply with generally accepted accounting practices and USG standards;
• Oversee monitoring of project activities and ensure incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activities;
• Supervise local technical, administrative and financial staff;
• perform other assigned functions relevant to CHISU globally as well as JSI work in Ghana, based on the emerging needs either from the Mission and government agencies.
• Advanced degree (MPH, MS, MIS, MA, other) in public health or related fields such as health systems or health information is required;
• At least 10 years hands-on experience in malaria surveillance and reporting, HMIS, M&E, data quality assessments, digital health and related areas, with a health or related international NGO or bilateral/multilateral organization is required;
• Experience strengthening health information systems, malaria strategic information or monitoring and evaluation, malaria surveillance systems and/or case based systems and digital health approaches in other countries, preferably in West Africa, is required;
• Experience in the development and operations of robust technology solutions in a public health environment is required;
• Fluency in English is required;
• Experience with adult training approaches and excellent workshop facilitation skills is advantageous;
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with host country counterparts, USAID, consultants, other donors and international organizations, and program colleagues is required;
• A team player but also able to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision is required;
• Ability to travel within Ghana as required by the position is preferred.
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; JSI Research & Training Institute Resident Advisor Jobs in Ghana
Find daily jobs in Ghana. Jobs - Ghana jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ghana job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ghana.
Jobs in Ghana - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ghana.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ghana posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.