JRS Accounts and Administration Officer Jobs in Kenya
JRS Accounts and Administration Officer Jobs in Kenya The Accounts & Administration Officer will be responsible for all accounting and related administrative matters of the Regional Office. In addition, she/he will ensure the proper management of the Regional Office budget and the respect of the internal and funders’ financial requirements.
• Help prepare meetings and accurately record minutes from the meetings.
• Make travel and accommodation arrangements
• Prepare reports, memos, invoices, letters, and other documents.
• Opening, sorting and distributing incoming letters
• Answering phones and routing calls to the persons concerned or taking messages.
• Filing and retrieving organisation records, documents, and reports.
• Welcoming visitors and scheduling meetings with the Regional Director.
• Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
• Provide general administrative and operational support.
• Manage financial records and receipts
• Process invoices, record accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Update internal systems with financial data
• Reconcile bank statements and cash register
• Management of cashflow and preparation of monthly cashflow projections
• Process monthly payroll
• Reconcile Fixed asset register against General Ledger
• Assist in the preparation of the Regional Office annual budget
• Monitor the approved budget and provide progress report to decision-makers
• Prepare annual accounts to trial balance stage and liaise with external auditor
• Be a point of contact for the International Office and Country Finance teams for questions related to funds allocations and liquidity transfer
Qualification and Experience
The following skills and capacities may have been developed through a combination of formal or informal education, previous professional experience, or current training/professional experience that the candidate is undergoing.
The candidate should:
• Hold a BS in Business Administration – Accounting or related field.
• Have solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and a practical knowledge of financial and compliance systems.
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written) with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Speak and write both English and French (advanced level for both)
• Have knowledge in using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
• Working knowledge of NAVISION would be a plus.
• Have three (3) years of experience in a similar position.
Special Competencies or Skills
• Skilled and confident communicator
• High level of attention to detail is essential
• Is flexible and can adapt well to fluid situations
• Can take initiative and work autonomously (as well as an effective team player). Willing and able to conduct field missions when necessary.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
Terms and Conditions
The contract is for an initial 5 months renewable for a year. The JRS remuneration policy is aligned with the JRS ethos to offer effective and professional services and at the same time express solidarity with the people served. Details will be discussed with short-listed candidates.
All applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English including three (3) professional references with their contact information, phone and email address.
A cover letter describing the candidate's desire and motivation to work for JRS and his/her qualifications and experience are a good fit for this position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application to the HR Officer via email ;
email@example.com with Accounts and Administration Officer as the subject of the email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.