John Snow, Inc. VMMC Officer Jobs in Uganda
John Snow, Inc. VMMC Officer Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsJohn Snow, Inc. (JSI), a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for Various positions for the USAID-Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services- North, Lango (USAID-RHITES-N, Lango) Project.
USAIDRHITES- N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects.
USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes.
JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels.
Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution.
JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations.
RHITES-N, Lango is a fi ve-year contract. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Doctors with Africa CUAMM, Another Option, and Medical Concierge Group.
Under the supervision of the Advisor, HIV Prevention services, support the District and Health facility teams to provide quality VMMC services according to the national guidelines.
He /She will oversee and supervise the district based VMMC project assistants.
• Take lead in provide strategic and technical leadership for implementation and coordination of VMMC services at health facilities for the RHITES-N, Lango project ensuring that set targets are met;
• Coordinate, organize and oversee the VMMC outreaches/ camps ensuring adherence to the national standards for quality VMMC services (including follow up of VMMC clients, proper management and reporting of the adverse effects following circumcision);
• In collaboration with the project Quality improvement advisor, work with the district/facility VMMC teams to implement and scale up QI approaches and maintain a VMMC dashboard.
• Coordinate the capacity building activities including provider skills strengthening activities for VMMC services at the districts and project supported health facilities
• Provide technical assistance for VMMC services through trainings and on site mentorship/coaching activities and joint supportive supervision at regional, district and facility level to build the capacity of DHTs using the national curriculum, guidelines and protocols to improve VMMC services;
• Ensure availability of the essential VMMC commodities and supplies both at static sites and camps
• In collaboration with the M&E team, ensure that reporting and documentation of results from the VMMC implementation is done timely and is of acceptable quality (ensuring accuracy, validity and timeliness)
• Support scale up of VMMC services, including support for accreditation of new sites, and scale up of new VMMC interventions.
• Develop plans and budgets and submit quarterly, annual and ad hoc VMMC progress reports
• Represent the project at VMMC meetings including Ministry of Health VMMC technical working group activities.
• Work with SBC team to improve interpersonal communication (IPC) and outreach, social and behavior change (SBC) communication for VMMC services;
• Develop innovative approaches to increase demand for, access to and availability of high quality VMMC services;
• Ensure VMMC services are integrated in other key program areas
• Provide on-going technical support for VMMC service delivery teams at the District, health facility and community levels
• Conduct VMMC operational research activities involving the project supported health facilities
• Contribute to identification and documentation of best practices success stories, abstracts, and regular updates to quarterly and annual reports, and any ad hoc reports.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine or Public Health or a Diploma in Clinical Medicine. A Masters’ degree in Public Health would be an added advantage.
• Must be fully registered with the relevant licensing council.
• Excellent technical knowledge and experience in implementing VMMC programs. A proven track record/demonstrated ability in scaling up VMMC services in Uganda is an added advantage.
• At least three years’ work experience in PPEFAR VMMC program management and service delivery, with good knowledge of USG programs, regulations, compliance and reporting.
• Working knowledge of quality improvement approaches
• Ability and willingness to travel within the supported districts
• Experience working in northern Uganda would be an added advantage
• Good written and oral communication skills; and computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications by email to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resource Manager attaching their application letters and CV to not later than May 22, 2020.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer so women are encouraged to apply.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.