John Snow, Inc Advisor, HIV Prevention Services Jobs in Uganda
John Snow, Inc Advisor, HIV Prevention Services Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsBackgroundJohn Snow, Inc. (JSI), a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for Various positions for the USAID-Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services- North, Lango (USAID-RHITES-N, Lango) Project.
USAIDRHITES- N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects.
USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes.
JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels.
Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution.
JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations.
The HIV Advisor for Prevention Services will be responsible for leading implementation activities that improve access to and improve quality of HIV prevention services in the Lango sub-region, with focus on condom promotion and distribution, HIV testing services (HTS), Preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP), eMTCT services, and VMMC.
The Advisor will also oversee the project’s program on HIV services for key and priority populations.
He/ She will also work collaboratively with the project’s SBC team on other prevention interventions including improving interpersonal communication (IPC) and outreaches, social and behavior change (SBC) communication.
This role will entail building the capacity in technical service delivery for teams in the region, districts and health facilities, civil society organizations and community level health workers e.g. village health teams (VHT).
S/he will work closely with the MOH and USG to ensure that HIV prevention activities are evidence based and in line with PEPFAR and Government of Uganda policies and national guidelines.
She/He will supervise the various HIV prevention officers (VMMC, HTS, KP/ PP) and will directly lead the eMTCT interventions. .
• Provide strategic and technical leadership for all HIV Prevention services including HIV testing services, condom promotion and distribution, PrEP, eMTCT services, and VMMC, including among key and priority populations;
• Work with SBC team to improve interpersonal communication (IPC) and outreach, social and behavior change (SBC) communication for HIV prevention services;
• Develop innovative approaches to increase demand for, access to and availability of high quality prevention services, including HIV testing, PrEP, VMMC and eMTCT;
• Lead overall strategy for strengthening and applying the evidence base to scale-up quality and cost-effective HTS, PrEP, VMMC and eMTCT services;
• Work with the technical, district and community teams to oversee eMTCT activities in the region
• Work with community linkages teams to ensure referrals and linkages for HIV prevention services from key service entry points e.g. partners of pregnant women are being referred to VMMC
• Ensure HIV prevention services are integrated in other key program areas
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
• In collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation team, ensure that data collected is accurate, valid and captures process and outcome indicators.
• Working closely with M&E team, conduct weekly and monthly data analysis and synthesis of key performance indicators for HTS, PrEP, VMMC, eMTCT and KP/PP service delivery to identify implementation gaps and share proposed action plan.
• Oversee HIV prevention monitoring and evaluation to ensure timely reporting and management of data, including ensuring updated HIV prevention services dashboards;
• Contribute to documentation of best practices success stories, abstracts, and regular updates to quarterly and annual reports, and any ad hoc reports.
• Develop/access, disseminate, and ensure operationalization of training materials and systematically update technical staff, CSOs and district / facility teams on key HIV prevention services and KP/ PP programs;
• Support the capacity building activities of DHTs supporting in the selected districts/ health facilities;
• Conduct/ support coaching and mentorship, training and joint supportive supervision at regional, district and facility level to build the capacity of DHTs to support health facilities to improve HIV prevention services;
• Integrate gender strategies and ensure youth engagement;
• Contribute to work planning for achieving project objectives and provide leadership and supervision to ensure set targets are met;
• Provide representation of the project as appropriate and necessary with focus on HIV prevention services
• Supervise HIV prevention service delivery officers.
• Perform any other duties as requested.
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s Degree in Medicine or Public Health or equivalent, and significant level of training in HIV prevention, care and treatment;
• Excellent technical knowledge and experience in implementing key HIV prevention implementation strategies and approaches, and service delivery including condom promotion and programming, HTS, VMMC, eMTCT; and Key and Priority Populations Programming using Ugandan and global guidelines for all HIV Prevention services; including COP/ PEPFAR guidance in Uganda. A proven track record/ demonstrated ability in scaling up HIV prevention approaches in Uganda is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience working with public or private health facilities to improve HIV Prevention services in Uganda, with strong knowledge of eMTCT services.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Uganda health and community systems, and ability to build and sustain strong relationships with national/regional partners for HIV prevention services —including representatives from implementing partners, districts, NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector.
• Experience working with multiple grantees is desirable. Knowledge of and experience working in collaboration with MOH, PEPFAR funded programs, districts and health facilities (public /private) is also desirable.
• Ability to travel regularly to monitor district, site and community level HIV prevention services;
• Experience in capacity building initiatives, is an advantage.
• Experience working with and building capacity of stakeholders such as government, NGOs, and private sector partners;
• Experience working in northern Uganda would be an added advantage
• Excellent command of data analytics and data use for decision making;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; and computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience supervising / managing staff and local organizations.
• Previous experience working with USG projects or other donors and multilateral agencies with an in-depth knowledge of USG programs, regulations, compliance and reporting.
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
• Excellent technical writing, data collection, analysis and reporting skills required.
• Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications by email to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resource Manager attaching their application letters and CV to not later than May 22, 2020.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer so women are encouraged to apply.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.