Jhpiego Senior Supply Chain Advisor Jobs in Zambia
Jhpiego Senior Supply Chain Advisor Jobs in ZambiaPurpose: The Senior Supply Chain Advisor will provide technical expertise in the areas of supply chain management for the Department of Defense (DOD) - funded HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment project.
S/he will oversee and ensure the technical and methodological soundness of the project's supply chain activities. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and ensures adherence to rules and regulations, as contained in relevant pharmaceutical Acts, on the management and use of drugs by DFZ health facilities to curb any misuse of drugs and facilitate development and implementation of effective drug control systems
• Monitor and provide technical support in the distribution of drugs and medical supplies for all DFZ health facilities
• Identify training needs and secure training and development activities, including providing on the job support to pharmaceutical personnel in DFZ health facilities
• Facilitate implementation of drug use indicators and other commodities such as HIV Test Kits, including pattern of consumption and establish reordering levels to avoid long run-out times
• Develop and maintain a database of drug usage for all DFZ health facilities and use this information for determining future requirements and distribution patterns
• Represent Jhpiego/DFZ in all discussions (local and international fora) related to developments in the pharmaceutical industry and contribute to formulation of policy by government
• Participate in national forecasting and quantification meetings
• Make recommendations, with appropriate MOH and IP counterparts, regarding commodity management and distribution of PEPFAR supported medicines or commodities, such as treatment regimens, laboratory reagents, equipment, male circumcision (MC) kits and TB, as well as coordinating and advising on commodity management and distribution policy across USG health programs.
• Coordinate with other PEPFAR projects working in supply chain strengthening, pharmaceutical services and several other programs that manage the procurement of a wide variety of health commodities. Providing technical assistance and support for collaboration on commodity projects managed by other PEPFAR implementing partners.
• Develop and/or update evidence-based training materials, standards, job aids, curricula, and/or supervisory systems needed for implementation of the project to meet the needs of the donor and the Government of Zambia
• Actively participate in relevant technical advisory/working groups and professional forums representing Jhpiego
• Work closely with the Program Director on setting project priorities and directions, and responding to requests for support from local counterparts
• Work with M&E staff to design and implement a plan to track data/results to inform adjustments in project implementation
• Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation and contribute to reports of project activities and results to the donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports, and other reporting requirements as requested
• Document and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches within their technical areas of expertise
• Maintain excellent relationships with the donor and in-country stakeholders and develop rapid responses to requests Provide technical leadership to the development of the project strategic plan, work plan, and project monitoring, in close collaboration with the donor, government of Zambia, and other stakeholders, to ensure timely implementation and compliance to the requirements and regulations of the award
• Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree and Masters in a related field
• 8-9 years of experience working in Zambia in procurement and supply chain management, or other relevant pharmacy or health commodities logistics sector
• Experience working with USG/PEPFAR funded project
• Experience working with the ZDF and/or other military populations/facilities preferred
• Demonstrated capabilities in capacity building at the organizational and individual levels, and experience working effectively with the government of Zambia
• Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to travel nationally to project sites
• Registered with the Health Professionals Council of Zambia (HPCZ) with a current practicing
How to Apply
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document, stating the position and location e.g. (Field HIV Care and Treatment Technical Officer - Kasama) in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted:
Closing date is Friday 31 July, 2020
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.