Jhpiego Pediatric HIV and EMTCT Technical Officer Jobs in Zambia
Jhpiego Pediatric HIV and EMTCT Technical Officer Jobs in ZambiaJob Purpose The Pediatric HIV and eMTCT Technical Officer will work in collaboration with the Care and Treatment and HTS officers, and provide technical expertise in the areas of Pediatric Care and Treatment and PMTCT for the DFZ staff and community lay workers on the Department of Defense (DOD) - funded HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment project. .
• Provide leadership with DFZ facilities to provide Holistic Clinical Care in Pediatric Care and Treatment and PMTCT
• To provide technical support to the Site Care and Treatment Provider, DFZ staff and community lay workers in PMTCT and pediatric ART
• Provide support for diagnosis and management of Opportunistic Infections in HIV positive children and ensure that all children who are eligible for CTX prophylaxis are provided with the service
• Provide support for monitoring children on ART for drug resistance
• Provide support to staff working on the project and community lay workers in tracking mother baby pairs, and ensuring adherence and retention in pediatric ART
• Ensure that diagnosis of HIV in infants below 18 months is confirmed through DNA PCR
• Ensure all children living with HIV are linked to care and treatment
• Provide technical support in viral load testing, monitoring and coverage for children on ART
• Participate in MOH Technical Working Groups (TWGs)
• Participate in clinical seminars to discuss pediatric HIV/AIDS issues, including rapid scale up strategies, early infant diagnosis (DBS, PCR), treatment and care
• Facilitate trainings in: PMTCT, Pediatric ART, TB/HIV co-infection
• Provide DFZ staff with all the latest information on PMTCT, Pediatric ART, including updates on new national guidelines.
• Contribute to development and sharing of lessons learned and best practices in Pediatric Care and Treatment and PMTCT
• Work with the M&E officer and program officers to follow-up on daily and monthly ART data and the use of SmartCare
• Degree/Diploma in Clinical/Medical Sciences, Medical Licentiate OR Nurse Practitioner
• 5-6 years in public health, including HIV/AIDS programs
• Membership in Health Professions Council of Zambia or General Nursing Council of Zambia with Valid practicing license
• Familiarity with PEPFAR programs, policies and regulations is desirable
• Experience in care and support for HIV/AIDS at the clinical level, with experience in management of eMTCT and pediatric HIV care/ART
• Sound understanding of HIV/AIDS technical areas.
• Familiarity with Zambian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs desirable
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team
How to Apply
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document, stating the position and location e.g. (Field HIV Care and Treatment Technical Officer - Kasama) in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted:
Closing date is Friday 31 July, 2020
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.