I.T Application Support Officer Jobs in Uganda
I.T Application Support Officer Jobs in UgandaJob Summary Coordinate and monitor the maintenance of the banks information systems and provide the interaction between staff and technology in line with the Bank business plan and ICT policy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Education Qualification
• Timely resolutions of all the Core Applications issues as per their Priority.
• Perform capacity planning and hardware sizing on all servers in the Data Centre.
• Monitor servers and applications for errors and parlor- mance problems and fixing in time.
• Monitor system resource usage and changes in user access rights.
• Coordinating end of Day, system and data backup processes and archiving of data and generating Reports accurately.
• Maintaining user access rights for the banking systems in line with the ICT policies and procedures.
• Index, expand, purge and archive data to improve system performance in line with ICT policy and procedures.
• Monitor data communication links and make a report to management and coordinate the process with the ISPS in line with ICT policy and guidelines.
• Install hardware and software systems for the bank in line with ICT guidelines.
• Monitor the IT network for violations and attacks in line with the IT security policy.
• Test the effectiveness of the security safeguards in place and prepare and test the IT disaster recovery plan (DRP) in line with the IT security policy.
• Draw up a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) for IT systems and carryout an IT system Risk Assessment and produce a report for management.
• Ensure Proper DR and conduct necessary end to end live tests quarterly and submit the results as required by your ICT Policy. B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Tech-nology or
Degree in any field plus postgraduate qualification in IT/Computer Science Experience 3 Years demonstrated experience in IT systems administration
[Key Required Skills
• Understanding of the Bank's Systems
• Knowledge of the operating systems used in the bank
• Understanding of Bank applications
• Good Hands on knowledge on SQI , PLSQL and Oracle web Logic server's .
• Knowledge on Asp.net, API programming skills
• UNIX and Linux operating systems and PHP and Java Scripting knowledge.
• Knowledge on Flexcube Core banking system version 12.X or above.
• Functional knowledge in Banking, Oracle BI Reporting tool knowledge is an added advan-tage.
• Understanding of Back up and data recovery procedures
• Knowledge of procedure for installation and configuration of data bases
• Understanding of System development cycles
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; I.T Application Support Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.