IsraAID WASH Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
IsraAID WASH Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
Summary This position is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization in developing its global humanitarian practices. The WASH Coordinator will oversee the strategic development and positioning of the organisation in Uganda in the area of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
IsraAID is an Israel-based non-governmental organization that was founded in 2001 and has since its inception worked in emergency and long-term development settings in over 54 countries. IsraAID’s mission is to support people affected by humanitarian crises by partnering with local communities around the world to provide urgent aid, assist recovery, and reduce the risk of future disasters. IsraAID has operated in Uganda since 2016.
The WASH Coordinator will lead the conception and implementation of IsraAID/Uganda new WASH program in Palorinya settlements. He will be in charge of launching the WASH program in Uganda, Provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical and management support to the WASH program. The Coordinator will ensure it is needs-based, context-appropriate, responsive, coherent, collaborative, and operationally and above all in line with the do-no-harm policy of the IsraAID WASH Sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Work in collaboration with HQ Technical Advisor and Country Director to oversee project implementation ensuring that services are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations.
● Ensure that the program is implemented in ways responsive to communities and in line with IsraAid principles, values and strategic plan and procedures.
● Supervise the overall implementation of project plans, ensuring adequate communication and organisation between local partners, international partners and staff.
● Lead WASH multi-sectorial technical assessments in coordination with other IsraAID thematic areas, as well as other external agencies.
● Prepare project and donor reports in a timely manner and in compliance with internal and external requirements.
● Ensure minimum standards are maintained in accordance with the Sphere and International guidelines.
● Ensure that programme interventions continue to be informed by and integrated with other core sectors (Protection & WASH)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning
● In coordination with HQ MEAL unit develop tools for the effective implementation of the program.
● In collaboration with the in-country MEAL officer, monitor programme objectives, outputs, indicators and activities – ensuring team remains on track as per donor commitment.
● Work with Area Coordinator and program managers(s) to ensure appropriate, timely and accurate data collection against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting.
● Ensure learning from the WASH programme contributes to knowledge building and sharing within the country office and IsraAid global.
● Lead discussions with communities and beneficiaries on programme design and project review, as agreed with Technical Advisor, Field Coordinate/ Project Manager(s).
● Foster a spirit of collaboration and empowerment with IsraAid local partners.
● Identify, reach out and create collaboration with partners such CBO and academies which is in line with the Country Office Protection vision and strategy.
● Offer support to partner
organizations in respective fields.
● Support partners in developing a coherent strategy and action plans in line with IsraAIDs.
● Conduct periodic reviews of joint project plans to identify obstacles and the ways they could be mitigated.
● Work closely with the Country Director and Project Manager(s)/Area Coordinator to secure strategic funding opportunities and develop proposals based on identified gaps and needs.
● In coordination with the DEVCOM Department, produce quality reports to ensure accurate, coherent and timely reporting.
Human Resources and Staff Development
● Provide technical support on the recruitment and management of WASH staff, including developing Terms of Reference (ToRs), staffing plan, participating in recruitment processes, and performance evaluations where applicable.
● Support the professional development of WASH staff.
● Facilitate capacity building for team members and partners to develop WASH expertise including coaching, capacity building, mentoring, and supervision.
● Any other tasks as delegated by the Country Director.
Representation, Advocacy & Organisational Learning
● Represent IsraAID in relevant WASH working groups and forums.
● Identify advocacy, funding, and research opportunities for action.
● Represent IsraAid with external stakeholders, including humanitarian partners, donors, authorities, etc.
● Actively participate in cluster meetings and any other relevant forums.
Required experience and competencies
● Bachelor’s degree in Water/Environmental Engineering or other relevant field is a MUST.
● Minimum 5 years progressive experience in the WASH sector with an INGO and/or UN agency is a MUST.
● Proven record in designing WASH programs in line with Uganda Ministry of Water and Environment and/or WHO/UNICEF/UNHCR is a MUST.
● Excellent knowledge and skills working with local communities and capacity development of local staff and stakeholders.
● Proven experience as a trainer and in developing structured and comprehensive curriculum and training manuals.
● A high level of written and spoken English.
● Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
● Knowledge in GIS is an advantage.
Experience in planning, implementation and operation of water or sanitation related infrastructures - is a MUST.
Experience in water or sanitation treatment technologies and knowledge of water quality standards and regulations - advantage
Understanding of water and sanitation related engineering design/drawing, material and construction specifications, physical progress monitoring and quality control. - advantage
How to apply
Please send your CV (Max 2 Pages) to
Please note that CVs longer than 2 pages will not be considered
Please use the following title as subject: CV_Name_WASH Coordinator
We regret to report that only candidates eligible for an interview will be notified.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.