Islamic Relief Worldwide Regional Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Islamic Relief Worldwide Regional Advisor Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsReporting to the Regional Director the Regional Food Security and Livelihoods Advisor has the responsibility to ensure Islamic Relief food security, livelihoods and resilience building programmes in our operational countries in East Africa that are of high quality and impact focused.
The post holder will assist the Regional Director in ensuring that learning and innovation is disseminated across Islamic Relief and beyond.
The post holder will engage strategically to build in-country and regional partnerships and influence thinking in the resilience building, food security and livelihoods sector.
Key deliverables will be leading on developing FSL sector strategy which provides strategic framework to our programmes, increased fundraising, and building capacity of national staff to ensure IR delivers impactful projects and programmes .
Technical Leadership And Strategy
• Develop future FSL programme strategy in close coordination with the FSL national teams, and create and refine operational planning and supportive budget.
• Provide technical expertise and knowledge to ensure that food security and livelihoods interventions, including cash based interventions, voucher programming, and in-kind food basket distribution and economic strengthening interventions meets appropriate minimum and technical quality standards.
• Coordinate and/or lead relevant assessments including the Household Economic Assessment (HEA) approach (needs and baseline assessments) and emergency market assessments.
• Contribute to situational analysis for identifying livelihoods protection and recovery needs, with due consideration for cross cutting issues within all interventions.
Programme Implementation And Management
• Oversee the implementation of the Livelihood & Food Security projects in in East Africa countries, ensuring timeliness and delivery according to the activity plan and results frameworks.
• Manage the Livelihoods and Food Security activities ensuring that it is meeting its intended aims and objectives and achieving impact.
• Assure full compliance of operations with IRW’s principles, rules, regulations and policies, operational strategies and relevant reference documents and policies (Sphere, Do no harm).
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning And Accountability
• Conduct need assessments, baseline surveys, feasibility studies ensuring that sound methodologies are employed and that the findings inform the formulation of winning grant applications
• Conduct real-time evaluation and impact assessment in relation to food security and livelihoods programmes in conjunction with the Country Programme M&E Coordinators and Global Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning unit
• Spearhead innovations in the field of food security and livelihoods including introducing technologies and new ways of working in order to deliver lasting impact on the people the Organisation serves.
• Higher University degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Rural development or any other related fields.
• An extensive hands-on experience related to food security and livelihoods with International NGOs at senior level (for example, Technical Advisor, Sector Head/ Thematic head)
• In-depth understanding of livelihoods frameworks, theory of change and logical frameworks/intervention logic of some of the major institutional donors and foundations
• A proven track record of successful proposal development for bilateral donors such as DFID, ECHO, Europe aid, SIDA, CIDA, USAID etc for rural development, food security, livelihood programmes
• Proven track record of developing strategies, evidence-based research papers, and advocacy at national level
• In-depth understanding of supporting potential sustainable livelihoods options through market-led interventions for different livelihoods groups, especially promoting economic leadership as well as proven skills in emergency food security and livelihoods interventions and policy issues.
• Ability to think strategically, achieve results and innovate.
• Excellent report writing skills and analytical skills
• Fluency in English, both spoken and written
• Knowledge of national languages (Swahili, Somali, Amharic, Arabic) spoken in the region is an asset.
How to Apply
Please apply in confidence with your certificates/degrees and trainings that you may have received in the recent past.
Contact details of the two Referees from the most recent employments.
Up to date CV Motivational letter to; email@example.com
Clearly mention the job title in the subject line and also mention where you have seen the job advert such as Relief web.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.