Islamic Relief Procurement Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Islamic Relief Procurement Assistant Jobs in KenyaJob Details Islamic Relief Worldwide is an international humanitarian organisation that provides development programs and humanitarian relief around the globe, regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief.
• The Procurement Assistant will be reporting to the Procurement Officer and will performs the following tasks among others:
• Proper management of all procurement related activities carried out by the organization in Garissa field office.
• Support Implementation of procurement management policies and strategies.
• Timely development, coordination and implementation of procurement plans and procurement activities arising from the organization operations.
• Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services.
• Assist the Associate Procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals
• Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals.
• Preparation of reports on the organization procurement activities.
• Organize hotel and event arrangements for all official IRK meetings/ functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required.
• Prepare and submit (weekly or monthly) reports on PRs raised, RFQs sent out, invoices received and items received/dispatched
• Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
• Submit complete trail of procurement documents to finance for payment using the payment register
• Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
• Carrying out of any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
• In charge of fleet management – Ensure all the office Cars are serviced and are in good condition.
• Degree in Business management or related field. Procurement / Logistics
• At least 3 years’ experience on supply chain management in International NGO set-up
• Demonstrated experience in Procurement management
• Membership of Kenya Institute of Supply Management (KISM)
• Good working knowledge of government procurement and disposal procedures and laws particularly the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and Regulations, 2006.
• Effective IT Skills (Word & Excel).
• Communication, tact and negotiation skills.
• Problem solving.
• Flexible and patient.
• Conceptual understanding of participatory approach
• Fluent in Written and spoken English.
• Impeccable integrity and honesty
• Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Good interpersonal, public relations and negotiation skills.
• Ability to manage staff and provide good leadership.
• Demonstrable exposure to a computerized working environment and basic ICT literacy and strong proficiency in the use of office computer applications.
• Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• Team player
• Prudent in resource use and management
• Records Management skills
How to Apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Send your application to
Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th June 2020.
Please note that this is an urgent recruitment, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.