Islamic Development Bank Accountant, Regional Hub Jobs in Uganda
Islamic Development Bank Accountant, Regional Hub Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsThe Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is a multi-lateral development financing institution located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
It was founded in 1973 by the Finance Ministers at the first Organisation of the Islamic Conference (now called the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation) with the support of the king of Saudi Arabia at the time (Faisal), and began its activities on 20 October 1975.
The Accountant, Regional Hub will process, review, record, maintain and reconcile financial transactions in the Regional Hub.
Provide financial analysis and oversight over all financial transactions in the Regional Hub to ensure compliance with internal financial controls and Bank rules.
Support detailed analysis, annual planning and periodic forecasting of the expenses, produce monthly financial reports relating to the regional hub, participate in developing, enhancing and implementing controls.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Update and maintain the general ledger and charter of accounts to reflect the transactional activities of regional hub accounts, ensuring that proper books of accounts are maintained for effective financial control in accordance with Bank standards and local statutory requirements.
• Reconcile sub ledger reports on a monthly basis in addition to creating the final trial balance to ensure quality and efficiency in the deliverables.
• Registration and maintenance of Regional Hub’s fixed assets; evaluation of fixed assets and adjusting for depreciation as per fixed asset accounting policy.
• Manage cash flow and petty cash in Regional Hub and ensure that all transactions are recorded clearly.
• Examine and analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, in accordance with Bank rules and regulations.
• Elaboration of the internal expenditures’ control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in SAP.
• Timely and accurate approval of bank reconciliation, including documented review of exceptions.
• Perform financial analysis as requested for both internal and external use.
• Analyse financial or operating data to satisfy regulatory requirements.
• Assess data for integrity and analytical purposes as and when required.
• Assist in standard or ad-hoc analyses to meet variety of management objectives.
• Verify all vendor invoices and prepare for approval to ensure a smooth and efficient payment processing.
• Manage invoicing and the collection of receivables and payments.
• Ensure proper recording and accuracy of all transactions related to payroll at Regional Hub, ensuring compliance with payroll processes.
• Review and validate payroll summary reports for Regional Hub through coordination with the relevant HR Team.
• Review the reimbursement of staff related costs, including business travel and medical expenses.
• Initiation of bank transfers and deals, selecting bank transfers and deals for approval and settlement.
• Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements.
• Primary contact with local bank management on routine operational matters including negotiation of exchange rate on replenishments.
Policies and Procedures
• Contribute to the formulation of policies and guidelines governing accounting practices at the Regional Hub.
• Provide guidance on interpretation of IsDB Group policies and procedures, and legislative regulations applicable for the Regional Hub.
• The ideal candidate for the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Accountant, Regional Hub job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
• Professional qualifications like CA, ACCA or CPA would be preferred.
• At least five years of experience in finance and accounting, preferably in a multilateral sector.
• SAP ERP experience.
• Knowledge of the multilateral bank sector.
• Financial Management.
• Business Process Knowledge.
• Passion for Excellence
• Analytical Thinking
• Problem Solving.
• Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel.
• Good knowledge of the local regional markets and work culture in the specific Region.
• Client Centricity and Stakeholder Management
• Motivation to Learn and Share Knowledge
• Drive for Results
• Change & Transition Management
• Solutions and Result Management
• Innovation and Future Orientation
• Leadership and People Management
• International and Multicultural Collaboration
• Communication and Partnership
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Islamic Development Bank Accountant, Regional Hub Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.