IREX International Senior Researcher Jobs in Kenya
IREX International Senior Researcher Jobs in KenyaJob Details IREX is implementing the Kenya COVID-19 Resourcing Data Project (CRDP-19) which will provide timely and accurate data to improve the effective utilization and accountability around the resources allocated to the COVID-19 pandemic response in Kenya.
The Project will provide timely data for decision-makers in government, funding agencies private sector to enable prompt and coordinated decision-making. It will support civil society to interpret and interrogate data around the use and prioritization of COVID-19 resources.
IREX is recruiting a Senior Researcher who will provide day to day research leadership and support project management under the Project Manager in Kenya over a 5 - month duration (LoE-30%). The Senior Researcher will be supported by 1 Assistant Researcher.
• Develop a comprehensive data research methodology to collect data from diverse sources at the national and county levels.
• In collaboration with the Project Manager define data collection priorities and metrics.
• Lead on the collection of data throughout the life of the Project.
• Support the Project Manager and Project's technology partner in designing the initiative's platform, populating data on a real time/frequent basis, maintaining it and troubleshooting.
• Support the Project Manager and Project's community partner to verify resources reaching targeted communities.
• Support the Project Manager in curating a series of fortnightly webinars that will bring together experts to distill and unpack data trends with a focus on topical themes.
• Support the development of a comprehensive final report to the donor.
• Support M&E planning and monitoring.
• Master's degree in relevant field required (social sciences)
• At least 7 years of demonstrated experience in research and project management, within the anti-corruption, transparency, or accountability sectors;
• Demonstrated understanding of research methodologies and data management;
• Existing and diverse networks within the Kenya anti-corruption, transparency, public finance management or accountability sectors;
• Strong knowledge of the Kenya operating environment, especially as it relates to the anti-corruption, transparency, public finance management or accountability;
• Ability to work effectively and communicate well in remote/online settings
• Experience in managing teams and being part of matrix management structures
• Excellent written English;
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and adapt to new program activity requirements and helping others to stay on track
• Web platform management experience preferred, but not essential
• Should be available from 17th June 2020
• Kenyan citizen
How to Apply
Application file, consisting of a resume and a cover letter should be sent to
Recruit.CRDP@irex.org. Finalists will be asked to provide references.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings
This position is eligible for Telework.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.