IRC System Specialist Jobs in Kenya
IRC System Specialist Jobs in Kenya
The Systems Specialist reports to the Director Network Operations to manage and maintain the technical infrastructure across all global IRC offices and facilities, including over 150 servers and 180 global sites. This role serves as part of Systems Administration team and has primary responsibility to support NOC team in managing all operating environments.
This position interacts with systems administrators, Field Engineers as well as Field IT teams to ensure that systems that have been architected and implemented function as designed and undergo continuous improvement to optimize performance and maintain appropriate technical capacity. This role is also responsible to enforce operational requirements to ensure that all production systems are deployed in compliance with standards defined for documentation, backups, monitoring and security.
• Under the direction of Director NOC build and maintain basic server infrastructure, including physical VMWare hosts, virtual machines.
• Monitors servers and networks for uptime, performance, capacity, and work on continuous improvement of these parameters. Serve as a primary point of contact for alerts, along with the rest of the IT infrastructure team.
• Work with Field Engineers and Field IT team to implement systems infrastructure for new projects that align with IRC IT operational standards, including documentation, backup, monitoring, and security.
• Review backup and maintenance activities on a regular basis to ensure that individuals delegated to perform these activities are properly backing up all required data and maintaining systems at appropriate patch levels. Ensure no systems are running unsupported versions of software/firmware and promptly identify any required replacements with sufficient lead time for
• Serve as the primary contact for systems issues escalated from help desk. Perform troubleshooting and remediation as necessary or escalate to Systems/Network Engineering team as needed to provide domain expertise.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Knowledge & Experience
• 3+ years of work experience.
• Active Directory and Windows server administration.
• Working understanding of Azure environment.
• Wireless LAN technologies.
• Datacenter hardware.
• SSL encryption and VPN.
• Backup technologies.
• Software licensing and maintenance.
• Information security principles.
• Cloud hosting solutions such as Microsoft Azure.
• Office 365 administration.
• Storage Area Network (SAN) administration.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
• ITIL Foundations.
• Hardware technician certification from vendors such as HP or Dell.
• Language Skills: English required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and focus on quality execution.
• Works well within a team environment and individually.
• Works with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC System Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.