IRC Senior Grants Manager Jobs in South Sudan
IRC Senior Grants Manager Jobs in South Sudan
The Senior Grants Manager is the focal point for program design and proposal development, donor reporting, grants information management and grants management capacity-building efforts. The Senior Grants Manager also supports programmatic and budgetary monitoring, compliance with donors and internal IRC rules and regulations.
The Senior Grants Manager will work closely with the in-country program teams and will report to IRC’s South Sudan Deputy Director of Programs (DDP). In addition, the Senior Grants Manager will be responsible for managing and building the capacity of the Grants Manager and the Grants Officer.
The Senior Grants Manager shall:
• Lead the development of proposals for submission to donors in coordination with sector leads and the finance and operations teams. Including:
• Analyzing requests for proposals.
• Organizing and managing the use of timelines, templates and guidelines for proposals.
• Liaising with programs and finance staff regarding proposal writing and budgeting.
• Writing or compiling and managing review of proposals.
• Packaging proposals for submission.
• Maintain a track record of lessons learned from proposal development and donor responses.
• Liaise with NY and UK AMU units in order to ensure proposals meet internal standards, apply IRC Program Framework principles and are donor compliant.
• Participate in all internal program strategy meetings with senior management team.
• Lead reporting process, coordinating with in-country staff for updates and HQ for approvals before submission to the donor.
• Ensure that reports to donors are submitted on time; that reports are coherent, accurate and compliant with donor regulations (monthly, quarterly, interim or final reports).
• Play a key role in Grant Opening and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, and logistics) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised.
• Maintain contact and coordinate with donors regarding grant implementation, compliance and other requirements, in coordination with senior management.
• Actively participate in relevant donor meetings and coordinate meetings as necessary.
• Review donor agreements and coordinate their review with the relevant IRC HQ office.
• Provide technical guidance on IRC and donor regulations to ensure compliance within operations, program implementation and reporting, in coordination with IRC’s HQ and IRC UK, when necessary. Raise compliance issues proactively with senior management as necessary.
• Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, timely submission and updating of internal IRC documentation and other Grant Unit tools, including coordination and preparation
of documents and files for internal and external audits.
• Ensure that partnership and sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are consistently implemented throughout the program, including pre-award compliance checks, agreements, and disbursements and reporting.
• Respond to donor, auditor and external requests as needed.
Staff Management and Development
• Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
• Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews.
• Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
• Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
• Build grant management capacity of field staff by facilitating training, and providing one on one follow up support in report writing, proposal development and other related topics.
• Undertake other key grants management, program development, monitoring and evaluation, communications and external relations activities as requested.
• Graduate degree – international development or similar, or bachelor’s degree with significant grants management experience and superior writing skills.
• At least three years of experience working in projects and/or grants management, proposal/business development/design, in various contexts.
• Strong understanding and knowledge of USG (USAID/OFDA/BPRM), European (ECHO, EU, SIDA), DFID, UN (UNHCR/UNFPA/UNDP/OCHA/WFP/FAO) and other donor rules and regulations.
• Proven competency with program design, M&E, proposal writing (including logical frameworks) and building budgets using MS Excel.
• Excellent writing skills and experience in writing proposals/concept notes.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
• Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written; and
• Able to work well both within a team and independently, in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment.
• Familiarity with international IRC systems and processes a plus;
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Senior Grants Manager Jobs in South Sudan
Find daily jobs in South Sudan. Jobs - South Sudan jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South Sudan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Sudan.
Jobs in South Sudan - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Sudan.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Sudan posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.