IRC Regional Measurement of Actions Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
IRC Regional Measurement of Actions Coordinator Jobs in KenyaJob Overview: This position sits within the Great Lakes Regional Unit reporting to the Deputy Regional Director with a technical report to the Senior Advisor Measurement Action. It covers four countries Burundi, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo and Tanzania.
The main tasks of the position are:
to support in-country M&E staff in their efforts to ensure that program data are of high quality and used effectively for decision making and
to ensure alignment of measurement vision and priorities between countries and Headquarters
The scope of the job includes both coordination and technical responsibilities contributing directly to the achievement of IRC’s measurement and overall effectiveness goals, particularly those integrated within the individual countries’ Strategic Action Plans. It also includes supporting the regional management in better understanding country and regional performance and in using data to inform decision making.
The selected candidate will be a professional with experience in a variety of operational contexts and able to work across multiple technical areas. She/he will understand the challenges to effective measurement both technically and operationally and be able to collaborate with a diverse group of colleagues to develop and implement a common set of measurement standard guidelines and best practices that can contribute to making the IRC an outcome focused organization. This role will contribute to the implementation, throughout the countries in the region, of key aspects of the measurement strategy and delivery plan.
Provide hands-on technical assistance to support country programs to deliver on their measurement commitments by working closely with in-country measurement staff, country management and headquarters Measurement Unit.
• Providing support for routine and ad-hoc measurement activities throughout the program cycle
• Supporting the use of standardized indicators within and across countries in the region, leading to meaningful aggregations and potential benchmarking opportunities.
• Brokering between in-country measurement staff and other technical staff across the organization to ensure that country needs and feedback are properly and timely addressed.
• Establishing and following processes and procedures that are conducive to continuous improvements in data quality and support IRC’s management in their efforts to use measurement data for decision making
Collaborate with country, regional and HQ measurement staff, in the development and implementation, of measurement priorities included in key IRC initiatives such as the Indicator Selection tools, the Annual Statistic, Strategy Action Plans, the Good & Great Standards and the Project Cycle Management initiatives;
Actively participate in the Measurement Unit’s development of global tools and approaches, and support deployment of them to country and regional teams.
Support the establishment of Client Responsiveness Systems, including client satisfaction surveys and the collection and use of routine feedback data in Countries together with technical advisors.
Support in-country DDPs and senior measurement and learning staff in the hiring, onboarding and continuous professional development of measurement staff.
Coordinate the M&E of multi-country programs in the region, ensuring consistency of approach is used that enables cross-cutting consolidation, analysis, and reporting to all stakeholders involved.
Key Working Relationships:
Position reports to: Deputy Regional Director Great Lakes
Technically report to: Senior Advisor Measurement Action
Position directly supervises: None
Technically coordinates: Country M&E and Meal Coordinators, and other measurement staff as needed
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Country Directors, Deputy Directors of Programs, other Regional Measurement Coordinators, and Technical Advisors, IT team, ICT4P Team, Awards Management Unit, Global Partnerships and Philanthropy, Research, Evaluation and Learning team.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
• Advanced degree in relevant field such as economics, statistics, international development, public policy, or other social sciences.
• Minimum seven years of experience designing, implementing, and supporting M&E frameworks and results, with extensive experience supporting field-based M&E design and reporting, as well as working with major international donors on M&E related aspects. Extensive experience in developing baseline research, logic models, data collection and analysis, mid-term evaluations, outcome evaluations, and in mentoring and teaching-by-doing other M&E staff.
• Experience with the challenges of effective monitoring in the field, including cultural, gender, and access considerations with the aim of enhancing project learning, quality, and data-driven decision making.
• Proven ability to operate in a complex organization, across functions and projects, on own initiative and collaboratively as part of diverse teams, including project management experience.
• Excellent communication skills, including solid writing skills and the ability to plan for and prepare strategic communications.
• Good understanding of basic ICT principles and the logic of data collection and management systems.
• Strong computer skills: proficiency with MS Office – especially MS Excel. Knowledge of ArcGIS, Kobo ToolBox, CommCare, MS PowerBI, as well as other software used in qualitative and quantitative M&E would be solid assets.
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 40% of time.
• Fluency in English and good working knowledge of French.
• Experience with direct program implementation in emergency and low-resource contexts.
• Experience rolling out organizational initiatives, particularly related to monitoring and evaluation.
The chosen candidate will be a proven team player able to work with multi-cultural teams and under tight deadlines.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Regional Measurement of Actions Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.