IRC Regional Graphic Designer Jobs in Uganda
IRC Regional Graphic Designer Jobs in Uganda
Job Overview/Summary: The graphic designer will be part of the PlayMatters Regional Team in Kampala, covering Ethiopia, Uganda, and Tanzania. The candidate will lead in the design of a variety of materials aimed at nurturing holistic learning through play for children aged 3-12+. The candidate will work closely with the PlayMatters Content Development Committees, Regional Curriculum Specialist, and Technical Advisor in Curriculum Development.
The Regional Graphics Designer will adapt, design and contextualize content with the content development teams to create final assets that ensure uptake and understanding. This includes creating graphics, illustrations, printed and digital materials, as necessary for educators, community members, caregivers, and systems actors. The designer will work closely with the team to build initial versions of user guides, workbooks, activity cards, posters, facilitator guides among others to help educators, caregivers, system actors, and community leaders incorporate learning through play into their everyday interactions with children.
• Design visually appealing content (user guides, workbooks, activity cards, posters, and facilitator guides), aimed at nurturing learning through play. Work closely with content development committees to gather feedback from previously conducted user-testing of these materials. The designer will then conceptualize how best to incorporate this feedback and produce iterated content versions.
• Design layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size & style, and related aesthetic concepts for key educational materials for teachers, community members, caregivers, and potentially children (with varying literacy levels in mind).
• Participate in iterative design processes to produce flexible variations of products.
• Understand the illustrative process and provide technical input and oversight to illustrators who are responsible for creating image ideas and products of various activities to promote learning through play.
• Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
• Amend designs after feedback.
• At least 3 years of relevant graphic design experience.
• Illustration skills is an added advantage.
• High proficiency using creative graphic design and video production software, including but not limited to: Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or related software for graphic design to produce aesthetically pleasing and engaging materials for educators, caregivers, and community leaders.
• Ability to conceptualize human-centered designs by keeping the end-users in mind throughout the design process.
• Ability to design unique and individual elements to integrate into design.
• Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
• Work effectively in a multi-cultural environment with international and national colleagues and partners.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure, dealing with competing priorities, in a fast-paced team environment.
• Extremely detail-oriented with a keen eye for aesthetics (proven consistency in design across products).
• Good multi-tasking abilities to meet multiple deadlines.
• Strong understanding of humanitarian crises and contexts in Eastern Africa is a plus.
• Strong team player.
• Ability to navigate and creatively engage with diverse artistic traditions of East Africa.
• Flexible and willing to integrate diverse feedback from a variety of technical partners.
• Participation and flexibility throughout in an iterative design process with a number of stakeholders across a large consortium and multiple content development teams.
• Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes and color management.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Regional Graphic Designer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.