IRC Investigator Jobs in South Sudan
IRC Investigator Jobs in South Sudan
The Investigator for the East Africa, West Africa and Great Lakes regions will assist the IRC Ethics and Compliance Unit (ECU) conduct investigations of allegations involving fraud, waste, abuse, corruption, beneficiary exploitation and abuse, and other misconduct.
In this role, you will support IRC programs to ensure continued vigilance with regard to the risks associated with violations of IRC’s Code of Professional Conduct and Policies the law/regulations and the further development of complaints mechanisms and investigation capacity. You will additionally collaborate with other IRC functional areas and programs to support our partners, sub-grantees and other agencies in encouraging a work environment that minimizes the potential for misconduct.
Two commitments lie at the foundation of the IRC’s work: 1) our unceasing quest to serve the needs of our beneficiaries; and 2) our determination to meet the requirements of our donors as trusted stewards of their resources. This position will play a key role in meeting these challenges by furthering a critical mission of the ECU - to safeguard our employees, beneficiaries, staff and resources from misconduct and abuse in complex and high-risk operating environments through investigating allegations of fraud, collusion and corruption in the use of the grant funds. Given the nature of our work, the position requires extensive travel on field missions to conduct investigations at IRC locations.
• Undertake investigations of alleged fraud, corruption, waste, safeguarding and any other type of misconduct, with objectivity, impartiality and fairness throughout the investigative process and in accordance with generally recognized international investigative standards and IRC guidelines;
• Formulate investigation plans, review and analyze all information to determine its relevance and reliability, conduct interviews of staff and other parties, record interviews, acquire and analyze potential documentary and electronic evidence, conduct investigative research, prepare draft investigation reports, and present investigative results in a clear written form;
• Prepare reports and ad hoc briefs pertaining to investigations in coordination with the Senior Investigator, Ethics and Compliance Unit management, and others as appropriate;
• Prepare recommendations for corrective actions and improved controls and effectiveness or efficiency of IRC operations;
• Aid in the prioritization of investigative work in consultation with Ethics and Compliance Unit management;
• Participate in developing and revising compliance-related best practices and lessons learned from investigative work;
• Engage regularly with Country Directors and Regional
Vice Presidents on investigations;
• Work with Compliance Coordinators or other local staff assigned to support investigations;
• Deliver investigation training, remotely and in person, to Country Program staff supporting investigations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in business, accounting, law, international relations, criminal justice or related field.
Certificates, licenses or advanced degrees in law, accounting or computer forensics an advantage: (CFE/CFF/CPA/CA/CCEP)
• 6+ years of international investigations experience;
• Experience in the nonprofit, NGO sectors or grant-supported organizations, regional and international organizations, or the inspector general function within a large government organization a plus;
• Experience conducting fraud, collusion, corruption, vendor and supplier collusion, safeguarding and other types of investigations in challenging environments, and preferably in locations where the IRC operates;
• Experience working with investigation teams in remote locations and insecure environments;
• Experience examining forensic, financial and electronic evidence;
• Extensive experience conducting interviews of witnesses and subjects in multicultural environments;
• Travel to insecure environments required.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Fluency in French is a significant plus;
• Fraud Investigation Principles and Techniques, including Procurement Fraud, Bribery, Collusion and Corruption;
• Sexual Exploitation and Abuse investigation and interviewing experience preferred;
• Excellent judgment and Honesty and Integrity in the highest degree;
• Interviewing skills and the ability to interview both witnesses and subjects;
• Experience with computer and accounting forensic specialists (having such expertise a plus);
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, including the preparation of clear and concise reports;
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work successfully with internal functional units and operations;
• Data Analysis;
• MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO;
• Demonstrated experience and a successful track record working with minimal direct supervision.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Investigator Jobs in South Sudan
Find daily jobs in South Sudan. Jobs - South Sudan jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South Sudan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Sudan.
Jobs in South Sudan - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Sudan.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Sudan posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.