IRC Grants Manager Jobs in Kenya
IRC Grants Manager Jobs in Kenya
Job Overview/Summary The EHAU Grants Manager supports the unit to ensure successful implementation of HQ-level grants for all sections, including approximately 25% of time focused on the Signpost Project. S/he will help ensure basic compliance, accurate financial information, high quality narratives for donor reports, updating key internal systems and processes for effective management of all awards.
Working closely with the Director, Finance and Fundraising in Emergencies (DFFiE), this position also plays a key role in the oversight and management of internal emergency funds, ensuring all required documents are complete, filed, and follow-up for ongoing projects.
They will be the EHAU focal point for entering any new funding opportunities into OTIS, the IRC’s online grant management system, as well as managing and reporting on any governmental or private foundation emergency grants the EHAU obtains. From time to time they will also draft narrative submissions for funding opportunities for the Unit, and, as needed provide back-up grants support to deployed field teams.
Grant Management and Partnership Support
• Support proposal development EHAU HQ or response fund grants and ensure compliance with IRC’s internal online opportunity tracking system (OTIS).
• Produce narrative reports for EHAU’s core funding from external donors, and review financial reports, consulting with and ensuring input from relevant staff.
• Oversee the information management and filing system for grant materials, ensuring donor contractual documents and key correspondence are consistently filed.
• Maintain a grant tracker and reporting schedule for the unit, and complete internal online grants records for all funding sources.
• Support budget realignments and grant amendments/modifications.
• Act as compliance focal point for the portfolio, maintaining a broad and deep understanding of relevant donor policies, regulations and procedures.
• Support the monitoring of projects to ensure progress against objectives and compliance with donor guidelines.
• Facilitate signatures on grant and partnership agreements, amendments, and other required documents.
• For HQ awards, manage the administration of pre-award due diligence processes with all new sub-awards following IRC’s partnership management system, PEERS, and draft sub-award
agreements and follow IRC internal review process of all sub-award documentation.
• Serve as focal point for PEERS questions for the unit, for both HQ and field teams.
• Work closely with Signpost Director, private fundraising teams, and AMU to track on-going grants and support fundraising efforts for that project.
Support to Internal Emergency Funding
• Support project management process for internal emergency funding allocations, including maintaining project tracker, following up with countries/response teams when information is missing, and ensuring regular check-ins are held on time.
• Maintain emergency funding information on the IRC’s intranet, RescueNet.
• Contribute to Crisis Response Fund reports, and gather project information and analysis as required.
• Provide back-up grants support as needed to emergency field teams.
• University Degree, or equivalent experience.
• 2-3 years’ previous work experience required; humanitarian sector experience preferred.
• Attention to detail; Ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines and priorities.
• Understanding of American and European institutional donors and their requirements preferred.
• Experience with writing, reviewing and editing narrative and financial reports.
• Understanding of humanitarian aid and development programming.
• Fluency in all standard PC office software such as Excel, Outlook and Word.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment, within and across departments/functions and develop positive relationships with local and remote staff.
• Customer service orientation with desire to find creative and timely solutions for field teams.
• Excellent oral and written English communications skills required. Additional languages are an added benefit.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Grants Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.