IRC Grants and Fundraising Coordinator Jobs in South Sudan
IRC Grants and Fundraising Coordinator Jobs in South Sudan
Job Overview: The Grants and Fundraising Coordinator is the focal point for proposal development, donor reporting, grants information management and grants management capacity-building efforts. The Grants and Fundraising coordinator also supports programmatic and budgetary monitoring, compliance with donors and internal IRC rules and regulations.
The Grants and Fundraising Coordinator will work closely with the in-country program teams and will report to IRC’s South Sudan Deputy Director of Programs (DDP). In addition, the Grants and Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for managing and building the capacity of the Grants team.
The Grants and Fundraising Coordinator shall:
• In coordination with the Deputy Director Programs and Country Director, investigate opportunities to expand existing programming and new opportunities for IRC South Sudan, based on the finalized and approved Strategic Action Plan (SAP 100).
• In coordination with the DDP, M&E Coordinator and Technical Coordinators, support in ensuring development of integrated and long-term program plans beyond project-based plans.
• Support in searching for new funding opportunities and maintaining good relationships with current donors.
• Develop a Grants strategy including a South Sudan Fundraising Plan in line with the SAP
• Support development of external communication tools as relevant for donor visits/meetings for IRC South Sudan as a well as preparation of materials such as brochures and newsletters.
• Lead the development of proposals for submission to donors in coordination with sector leads and the finance and operations teams. Including:
Analyzing requests for proposals.
Organizing and managing the use of timelines, templates and guidelines for proposals.
Liaising with programs, operations and finance staff regarding proposal writing and budgeting.
Writing or compiling and managing review of proposals.
Liaise with AMU to ensure proposals meet internal standards, as well as being responsive to donor requirements.
Packaging proposals for submission.
• Maintain a record of lessons learned from proposal development and donor feedback and share with Technical Coordinators, Finance and SMT.
Program Reporting and donor relations:
• Lead day-to-day aspects of donor reporting processes to ensure the timely submission of accurate programmatic reports. Coordinate with the Finance department to ensure timely submission of budget modification requests and financial reports. This includes tracking and disseminating reporting schedules and templates, as well as, reviewing and submitting reports to donor.
• Enhance the country office profile by maintaining country wide and sectoral fact sheets, providing relevant information for dissemination to donors, Governments, Regional office, HQ and others.
• Responding to donor, auditor and external requests as needed.
• Act as Focal Person for donor compliance; provide guidance to Technical Coordinators, Finance & Global Supply Chain.
Grants Management and Monitoring:
• In coordination with the DDP, Field Coordinators / Project leads and the Grants team, roll out the Project Cycle Meetings
(PCM), as well as monthly/regular grants review meetings which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, Supply chain) and ensure proper follow up of action points.
• Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, timely submission and updating of internal IRC documentation and other Grant Unit tools, including coordination and preparation of documents and files for internal and external audits.
• Monitor and facilitate compliance of programs with donor and IRC requirements and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance.
• Assist in preparing, reviewing and modifying memoranda of understanding and grant agreements.
• Lead management of implementing partners in line with internal protocols
• Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as FM01, BvAs, procurement planning and activity plans amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts on potential challenges/obstacles
• Work with the Grants Managers and Officer to ensure that reports to donors are submitted on time; that reports are coherent and accurate.
Staff Management and Development:
• Lead direct management of the Grants Unit staff and provide professional development/capacity building as needed.
• Build the grants management capacity of program staff by facilitating training and provide one on one follow up support in report writing, proposal development and other related topics as needed.
• Graduate degree – international development or similar, or bachelor’s degree with significant grants management experience and superior writing skills.
• At least five years of experience working in projects and/or grants management, proposal/business development/design, in various contexts.
• Strong understanding and knowledge of USG (USAID/BHA/BPRM), European (ECHO, EU, SIDA, IA), DFID, UN (UNHCR/UNFPA/UNICEF/IOM/OCHA/WFP/FAO) and other donor rules and regulations.
• Proven competency with program design, M&E, proposal writing (including logical frameworks) and building budgets using MS Excel.
• Excellent writing skills and experience in writing proposals/concept notes.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
• Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written; and
• Able to work well both within a team and independently, in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment.
• Familiarity with international IRC systems and processes a plus;
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Grants and Fundraising Coordinator Jobs in South Sudan
Find daily jobs in South Sudan. Jobs - South Sudan jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South Sudan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Sudan.
Jobs in South Sudan - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Sudan.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Sudan posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.