IRC Finance Officer_WISH2ACTION Jobs in Kenya
IRC Finance Officer_WISH2ACTION Jobs in KenyaJob Purpose Reporting to the WISH2ACTION Grant and Budget Manager, the Finance Officer for the WISH project is responsible for providing the needed data related to their work and budget across the WISH2ACTION technical unit and supporting WISH2ACTION implementing countries namely- Ethiopia, Uganda, Somalia and South Sudan.
The role is responsible for preparing Technical Unit project budgets for the WISH; Providing first line review of Country WISH budgets; Following up Purchase requests generated by the, payment orders, and other needed documents.
The officer will participate in supporting adaptive project monitoring through provision of requested reports working with systems specifically INTEGRA and SUN system and preparation for donor audits.
Budgeting and Accounting:
• Oversees preparation of Technical Unit budgets in line with project budgeting guidance
• Working with Grants Manager to assist Country program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments also ensuring adequate coverage of field operating costs
• Prepares a detailed budget in Excel according to donor codes and by accounting code (according to chart of accounts, shared by finance).
• Attend Project Implementation, BvA review and Project closing Meetings when nominated to do so and also in the absence of Finance Manager
• Ensure that all accruals at grant closure are accurate, valid and are promptly liquidated.
• Monitor project budget through provision of monthly analysis- BvA, SUN System Transactions and maintaining a budget tracker to ensure that all transactions are captured correctly.
• Ensure quality transaction data capture for the project by the TU and Country programs
• Ensure Financial data integrity and conducts financial spot checks.
• Prepares the transactions list for the period and audited project and shares in advance the transaction list with the manager when requested.
Budget Forecasting and Reporting:
• Creates a spending plan (Cash flow projections) based on budget and project implementation plans. Reviewed by the Project Grants and Budget Manager.
• Receives the approved P.R from the program/Logistics/Supply chain/Admin and checks that there is enough budget left to fund the proposed purchase or activities as needed.
• Prepares Balance sheets, income statements, expense reports etc
• Prepares the draft donor financial report and submit it to the Grants and Budget Manager to conduct second level reconciliation.
• Contributes in issuing budget and finance report narratives in collaboration with the country program colleagues.
• Provides monthly status of budget reports to the Senior Coordinator and Grants and Budget Manager
Training & Support
• Assist Grants and Budget Manager in training staff on IRC accounting procedures and requirements, and assists the program staff in finance related issues and activities.
• Assist Grants and Budget Manager to train field managers and officers on budget tracking, review burn rates and provide advise if spending is not happening according to plan.
• Maintain contact with the Country offices for financial issue & inquiries on daily basis.
• Provides country support as assigned by the manager and as needed.
• Identifying key issues and weakness in the system and provide recommendations for improving control processes or procedures.
• Identification of procedural or training issues to be addressed to improve the quality of report data.
• Ensuring that the internal controls are adhered to in all areas of operation.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned or requested.
• University Degree in any related field, such as; Finance, Accountancy, Business Management, economics, or other relevant field.
• Minimum CPA II qualification
• At least 3 years’ experience in similar role
• Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting packages & SUN system will be an added advantage
• Familiarity with low resource or humanitarian contexts a plus.
• Good written and verbal skills in the English language required
• Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills;
• Ability to problem solve and focus on solutions
• Good attention to detail
• Curiosity: a desire to dig deep and understand why
• Strong communication skills and ability to ask questions
• Good organizational skills: ability to determine priorities and meet deadlines
• Flexible work attitude, proactive and ability to work in a diverse team environment
• Familiarity with Financial data management systems an advantage
• Ability to independently and proactively with minimum day-to-day oversight
• Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships for program promotion and issue-resolution
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Finance Officer_WISH2ACTION Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.